Chapter Five: Feelings and Dinner

Harry had felt awkward being in Hermione's house. He felt ashamed of his baggy clothes. He had gotten so emotional after  the Grangers welcomed him to their home. It was night time so the Grangers was just about to have dinner. Harry and Hermione played in her room all day.  Harry tackled Hermione on her bed. He tickled and tickled and tickled her, making her laugh so hard. Harry had straddled Hermione's waist and kept tickling her. He tickled her for about ten minutes. When he stopped, he gazed upon Hermione's eyes. She looked back into his eyes. Harry had noticed Hermione's beautiful face once more. He liked her pretty brown eyes. Hermione had gotten the chance to notice Harry's handsome face. She liked looking into his beautiful light green eyes. The two children had stared at each other for quite some time.

"Harry, you have pretty eyes." She said, still under him.

Harry sat next to Hermione and looked at her. "I think you're pretty, Hermione." He told her, moving a bit closer to her.

Hermione felt a blush upon her cheeks. "No, I'm not pretty. No one's ever called me pretty before besides my mum and my dad."

"well you have pretty eyes as well." He told her.

"And you have a big nose" Then the two children broke out into laughter.

Harry and Hermione had laughed for a good five minutes. The two continued to pull jokes and pranks on each other. Dinner was just about done. Hermione's mum had come upstairs and into Hermione's room. She told them that dinner was ready. She a warm but 'I know what's going on here' smile towards the children.  Hermione asked her mother to give them a minute. When she left, her mother was seen to be smiling widely.  Then Hermione turned back to Harry.  He looked at her, wondering what she was about to do. Hermione leaned closer to Harry. He had gotten confused.

Shortly, Hermione had pressed her lips to Harry's skin. She kissed him on the cheek quickly before running downstairs, leaving Harry in a trance. Then he got up and went downstairs to have  dinner with the Grangers.  He sat down next to Hermione whom was on the right. Harry had smiled to himself.  Hermione's mother placed a good amount on both Harry and Hermione's plate. The family prayed over their food before digging in. Hermione immediately started eating. Harry hadn't touched his plate. He stared down at himself in shame. He didn't know if he was allowed to accept the food. Back at the Dursleys, he was not allowed to have meals. Hermione  and her parents noticed this.

"Harry, is there something wrong?" Hermione's father asked him, holding his fork while chewing his food.

"No, sir." He replied, still looking down.

"Why aren't you eating your food?"

"I don't know if I'm allowed to, sir." At this point, Harry was ashamed of what his uncle and aunt have done to him.

"Roll up your shirt." He told Harry, his voice was not harsh nor soft. It was stern.

"I'm sorry?" Harry didn't get what the man told him to do.

"Roll up your shirt, boy, I want to check something." Hermione's father told him once more.

Harry stood up. He hesitated for a second, then he finally lifted up his shirt. He held his shirt just above his nipples so show the Grangers his skinny body. The boy hasn't had a good nutrition in a while. The Granger had faces of physical shockness upon their faces. Harry put down his shirt and sat back down.

"Harry, you're really skinny. You're under weight. You should eat something." Hermione said, trying to get him to eat.

Harry sighed and nodded. Then he picked up his fork and picked up some food, his hands shaking. He held the fork up to his mouth. There was a moment of silence. The Grangers all stared at Harry as he was about to put the fork in his mouth.  He opened his mouth, slowly putting the food in his mouth. He tasted it, chewing and chewing. Then Harry finally swallowed. The Grangers waited for his answer. Harry licked his lips, getting the remains of the food from his lips and into his mouth.

"It's really good." Harry finally  said.

All three of the Granger smiled and cheered for Harry taking his first bite. After that, Harry and the Grangers kept eating until he finished their food.  After a while the kids played for a hour. Then It was time for bed. Hermione went to the bathroom and changed into her pajamas. It was Harry's turn next. Execpt he didn't have any.  He slept in his day- clothes.