Support (Your Local Gambling Addict)

Credit to Shia_NoBuff On Ao3
Word count: 1449

Summary: "Help support Sister Lilith's recovery from a gambling addiction. As a nun, she has no real income so all help is appreciated. God Bless"

Mary had started the GoFundMe as a joke, but it was actually generating money.

Or

Mary starts a GoFundMe for Lilith's gambling "addiction".

-

"Mary, what is the meaning of this?" Lilith angrily turned her laptop screen towards a smirking Mary. A browser tab showed a GoFundMe page for "Lilith's Gambling Addiction".

"Help support Sister Lilith's recovery from a gambling addiction. As a nun, she has no real income so all help is appreciated. God Bless," Camila read, giggling. She immediately stop and gulped nervously at Lilith's glare, "You have to admit it's a little bit funny, Lily,"

"It is not -- Mary, why are you laughing?"

Unlike Camila, Mary was not scared of Lilith.

"I'm sorry for laughing. No, no I'm not- I was lying," Mary could barely breathe through her near-delirious laughter, "I've raised over five thousand dollars already, and we really could use the money,"

"But-but, a gambling addiction?" Lilith spluttered, her face reddening.

"You have been losing bets quite a lot," Camila pointed out as Mary struggled to catch her breath.

Lilith looked ready to murder Mary, claws extending and scratching the wood of the table.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Mary was still laughing, but she had sobered a bit, "I'll take it down if you want,"

"No, your right. We do need funds," Lilith sighed and Camila patted her back sympathetically, "If this," she paused for a second, "blasphemy is the best way to raise them, then I suppose we should continue it."

Lilith buried her head in her hands.

"The OCS thanks you for your noble sacrifice," Mary bowed teasingly. There was no way she was ever going to let Lilith forget this.

~~~~

"Lilith, why are you on the news? I thought we were trying to keep a low profile."

Lilith looked at Beatrice, confused. "I'm what?"

"Look," Beatrice showed Lilith an article from a local news station with Mary's drawing of her face splashed across the top. Lilith groaned as she read the title: "Help Support Local Nun's Struggle".

"I'm so going to kill Mary," she seethed as Bea looked at her expectantly.

"Mary started a GoFundMe as a joke, but it's actually generating money. She's going to use it to fund our trips to find Adriel,"

Bea nodded, still clearly confused, "But what does the article mean about your 'gambling addiction'?"

Lilith blushed, not wanting to admit to her friend about the bets she and the others had made about her and Ava's relationship.

"Part of the joke, mostly to make me mad," she answered truthfully.

"Well, I suppose it's just the local news. Vincent was never very tech savvy, and I doubt Adriel's caught up on today's technology,"

Beatrice sighed, "Mary says she's made more than seven thousand dollars," Lilith shrugged helplessly, "I'm sorry, Beatrice."

Beatrice waved her hand dismissively, "Don't worry about it, it's cool,"