Chapter 4 (Reunited at Last)

Once upon a time, there was a Mother who tells a story before the bedtime.

Mother now narrated: "As soon as the stalk was cut, the giant automatically fell to the ground. He fell head first and died instantly. Jack and his mother lived comfortably because of the hen that lays golden eggs and the harp that plays music by itself."

The kid is sitting comfortably in the bed and listening to her beautiful mother..

The mother asked: "What did you learn?"

The kid looked at the book first before her mother. She answered without hesitation: "Cut the giant stalk where the highest clings on. If they fell, then I'll take over what they own."

The mother smiled and asked more: "Is that all?"

She answered: "There's more. Stole one then you will learn to stole everything and reach the top."

The mother caressed the kid's hair and stroke it down gently. While doing that she uttered: "You really are Dysnomia, my dark raven. Stay whoever you are, be like me.."

I nestled at the drivers seat comfortably. It was a fragment from my memory, it suddenly appeared from nowhere.

Jack and the Beanstalk and the lesson I learned. It seems like an ink without any erasure, it keeps popping and I cant help it.

She's a legend, her marks are everywhere.

Patuloy lang ako sa pagmamaneho ng matulin. It's dark, I need to hurry. Gabi ang pinakadelikadong oras sa gubat na ito. Forest monsters are everywhere.

"What's that?" mahinang tanong ko nang may maramdamang kakaiba.

Wheels and it's turning echoes are clearly heard. Napakalinis ng daan at malambot ang takbo ng pagmamaneho.

Napapreno ako nang may mabangga akong naka-itim na babae. The wheels screeched badly na halos umusok ang paligid.

Did I kill someone?

Mabilis akong tumingin sa harapan, but there's no one. Sigurado akong may nabangga ako. My chest is heaving up and down, my hands is gripping the steering wheel badly.

"What the heck is that?" mahinang tanong ko sa sarili.

No one is at the front, it's just my headlight.

I gathered air and released it heavily. I'm sure it's not, it's just an imagination.

I coldly stare at the dark road. I roared the engine and drove very fast. How annoying, I don't have a geek for horror.

Mainit ang ulo ko nang bumaba ako sa sasakyan. Tuloy-tuloy ang lakad ko papasok sa hotel.

"Where are they? Why is it too dark?"

Dahan-dahan akong naglakad. The sound of my stiletto is echoing. Madilim sa reception area, kakaunting ilaw lang ang nakabukas.

Wala kahit isang tao, wala kahit anong ingay. "Stupid pranks." I uttered coldly.

Nakaka-ilang hakbang palang ako nang may marinig akong kakaunting pagtawa. Napatigil ako at kusang nagsalubong ang kilay.

It was a laugh, an screeching laugh that echoes around.

Napatingin ako sa hallway nang may marinig akong lagutok ng kung ano. It was a shadow, walking towards me.