chapter - 21

Pulling his car to an alleyway, Lui Haihan brought his people to cross the road while carrying little Qianqian. He and Zang Yong has good shooting skills and can hit zombie heads before they reach them. Though his sister and his wife didn't kill any zombie they didn't make any fuss crying.

Ignoring the curious gazes of the people looking from their houses, they reached the small private library and broke the lock. This building has two floors with a large supply of different books. After going into the building they checked the whole building for any zombies and started packing books accordingly and bundled them together.

Thus with the help of his family Lui Haihan collected all the books and arranged them neatly in his warehouse. They took about an hour to cleanup the whole library, he also collected the bookshelves and chairs. Later when base is established he can sell these things for crystal nuclei.

After that he took them home, he doesn't want his family to work too heard. He will take them again in the evening for collecting petrol and diesel. Though he already collected Petrol before apocalypse, that wouldn't be enough in long run.

Filled with positive energy, he started considering weather what he has been doing is good in the long run of development of his family. He doesn't want to regret what he has done and doesn't want to slow their progress in developing their abilities. He want them to be adjusted physiologically and physically to the apocalypse first before training them harder or else he is afraid that they may breakdown.

He is not anxious for their fast growth, he still remembered the folk story he heard from his mom when he was child.

There used to be poor farmer couple, who are in desperate need of money. One day the farmer caught a goose which they decided to eat later but found it lays golden eggs one per day. Collecting the eggs they became a lot rich. Later greed took over the wife of farmer who cannot wait each day for the goose to lay egg.

Then she suggested to kill the goose and remove all the egg from inside of goose, so they can become the richest people. Both of them agreed and killed the goose to only find no egg in it's body. Thus loosing both the golden eggs and goose, even if they later regretted they cannot bring the dead goose.

Remembering the moral stories his mother used to tell brought a suffocating feeling to Lui Haihan. His parents death has always been a thorn in his heart. After their unexpected departure he brought his sister to A city far away from his father's family and started taking care of his sister choosing to not think about his parents. But can those sweet memories which they shared be forgotten?, no.

He will definitely pay for the sins those people has committed for destroying his safe haven. He feels rather selfish to leave those people afraid they would destroy his current family but if given a chance he would definitely destroy them into pieces.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Lately Gu Cheng has been feeling anxious seeing his girlfriend. After the start of apocalypse they has arrived at S city military base with a huge advantage of the collected supplies thanks to his girlfriend, but he latter learned that Lin Feng has also acquired lot of supplies. Though he don't know how he found about the upcoming apocalypse he didn't dwell on it further thus sharing the piece of pie.

But what he found difficult is his girlfriend behavior after the start of apocalypse. Before apocalypse Bai Lian appeared to be rather lively and full of desire for future but now she looks rather listless gazing at the cheap stone and jade piece. Even when he asked if there is any problem she just shakes her head telling nothing is wrong.

She is the first person he allowed to enter into his heart, looking at her like this he felt rather distress. Their relationship has only started for a few months but he fell for her really hard. He don't know if this relationship would work to end. He can sense a faint sense of hostility coming from her but he chose to turn a blind eye to it selectively choosing to listen to her sweet words. He felt rather confused, did he make a right choice starting their relationship?

He felt maybe it's his retribution for playing around Lui Ying. He only started that relationship to make his rival Lin Feng uncomfortable by looking at his crush close to other male. Though he didn't consider Lui Ying as his girlfriend, through their three years of contact he felt her as his close friend.

He forgot about their relationship and alway viewed Lui Ying as his friend until he fell for Bai Lian. He felt rather guilty to look at Lui Ying thus stopped contacting her and asked Bai Lian to provide information about apocalypse to Lui Haihan. Later upon reach of apocalypse he cannot get through her phone and learnt that she left for capital without contacting him. He then knew he lost a precious friend, he should have been honest with her from the start. For now he can only pray that she is safe with her family escaping the evil clutches of end world.