Protector

A/N: This is a 300-word drabble about Gil's thoughts on Jay, travelling the world, and their visit to Agrabah. Part Gil character study, part Gil/Jay fluff. Just to warn you, it's pretty cringe, but I hope it's cute? Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy!

Requested by: 

Ever since he could remember, Gil has always had protectors. First, it had been his two older brothers. They might not have been the best people, but they had made sure everyone left Gil alone.

Then Harry, Uma, and Iria. They became friends at a young age, and hanging with three of the most feared villain kids on the Isle definitely had its perks. Along with Harry came Harriet. Along with Uma and Iria came their many, many cousins.

Uma built a pirate crew. Bonny, Gonzo, Maiya, Ash, Zoe, Murph, and Claudine all joined Gil's ever-growing circle of people he called friends.

Even on the Isle, he was surrounded by protectors.

They came to Auradon to help Mal, and Gil made more friends. Harry and Uma always talked about hating the Core Four, but they seemed nice enough to him.

Well, Mal didn't seem to like him much. Evie and Carlos were nice.

But Jay was the one who really wanted to be his friend. He told him about fruit. He offered to take a gap year so they could explore the world together.

And so here they are, in Agrabah. Travelling the world. They'd bought fruit and art in an open air market, gone sightseeing, visited some oases, rode some camels, and even visited Sultana Jasmine in the palace.

Gil is awestruck by it all, but the best thing for him is spending time with Jay. The first person from Auradon to really accept and welcome him with open arms. The person who offered to go on adventures and discover new things with him.

For the first time, someone wasn't protecting him. Jay was showing him a whole new world.

As much as he loves his friends from the Isle, Gil can't help but admit there's no place he'd rather be.