Just Wanted Some Fireworks

Uma lets out a sigh as Triton exits the room. She was jittery from the second Triton had walked in the door. I mean, who'd have thought that meeting your uncle who didn't know you existed for 17 years would be stressful?

Oh, he's also a god.

"Oh yeah, that was definitely fun," Uma mutters, leaning back in her chair and kicking her legs up on the desk. She'd been sitting like she had a pole stuck up her butt for a good 30 minutes now, and it's safe to say that she's tired of it.

This was the first time she'd ever met her uncle, and she's unsure of what type of impression she made. He's visiting with Ariel, Eric, and Melody to retrieve the Trident for the annual Mer-festival. The thing is going to be passed on to Melody soon, so he wants to get one more year out of it. Uma had become friends with Melody while she was an exchange student at Auradon Prep, but she's still pretty much unfamiliar with her Olympian family outside of the Isle.

The sea witch swings her feet onto the floor and stands up. It's only then that she notices the three-pronged weapon leaning on the wall next to the door.

"I should probably give this back," she thinks, but can't help her curiosity as she approaches the object. It's like the thing is calling out to her.

"This is stupid," she warns herself, but reaches out and grabs it, anyway. She's shocked that the Trident-

"Nothing," she mutters.

Vaguely disappointed, she examines the weapon for a few seconds.

"What was I expecting? Fireworks and a musical number?"

She shrugs, "Better return this thing."

She lets her hand gripping the weapon relax to her side and makes her way to Triton's room. She leans the object against the wall next to the door and only hesitates for a couple of seconds before walking away.

She only makes it a few feet before she feels a sharp tug in her gut, and the thing comes flying towards her, landing in her hand with a resounding crack.

"What in Tartarus!" Uma exclaims, dropping the thing as if it were made of molten rock.

She glances from her hand to the weapon to her hand again, trying to piece together what had just happened.

She finally reaches down and picks the things up again. She takes a deep breath, "Just a fluke. My powers are acting up or something."

She delicately rests the Trident back on the wall and takes a few hesitant steps backward. When nothing happens, she sighs with relief as she turns and walks away again.

Only for it to come flying back into her hand.

"Are you kidding me?" She shouts, throwing the thing onto the floor this time.

She shoves it under the door of Trident's room and darts away, only for the thing to come crashing through the door, splinters flying everywhere as it effectively splits the door in half and the weapon comes to rest in Uma's hand for the third time.

Uma stares in shock at the scene before her, absolutely gob-smacked at what she had just caused.

"Okay, I'm pretty sure that wasn't a fluke."

She had scattered pieces of the broken door throughout the hallway, while what's left of the thing hangs off its hinges.

Uma looks back down and decides that walking away from the trident isn't really working out.

"It's not like I can just carry it around," Uma thinks, sweeping the leftover splinters under the rug. She almost subconsciously moves towards the object as she continues to think of a plan. Finally, she pulls out her phone and presses the call button.