𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 - 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 - 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚂𝚄𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙽𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶

It had been a few days and the group were starting to adjust to life in Alexandria. Rick said it was okay for everyone to start sleeping in their own homes. Madelyn was making great use out of the coffee maker in the kitchen. She saw Daryl walk in the living room, making her sigh. He still hadn't showered or even changed his clothes. Daryl had told her about his life even before the apocalypse so she knew why it was taking him long to adjust.

"Hey, where are you going?" She asked him. He had his crossbow in hand.

"To hunt." He said.

"D, you know you don't have to, right?" Madelyn asked. "We have food here." Daryl said nothing and Madelyn sighed. "Okay, if it's that important to you, I'll come with you."

"You don't have to." Daryl said.

"But I want to. Just promise me one thing." She said.

"What?"

"I'll come hunting with you if you promise to use the damn shower when we get back." Madelyn said.

"Maddie-"

"Please, for me." She pouted, making him sigh. "You're not getting any sex unless you shower."

"Fine." He huffed. Madelyn smiled and grabbed her crossbow and gun before the two left Alexandria and went into the woods.

"I know it's hard adjusting to life back there." Madelyn said as they walked next to each other. "I know this is a whole new surrounding that you're not used to but just know that I'm here for you. The entire group is here for you."

"You wouldn't understand. You were born into a life like back there. I wasn't." Daryl said. "You had luxuries, I had to fend for myself."

"I thought you wanted to come here?" Madelyn asked.

"I did but I didn't know it would be like that." Daryl said.

"D, I know it's hard but I'll be there for you, every step of the way." Madelyn said.

Before Daryl could respond, they heard leaves rustling, making them raise their weapons. "Who was that?" Madelyn asked.

"Come out!" Daryl called out. "Now!"

Aaron quickly came out from behind the trees with his hands up, making the couple lower their weapons. "Dude, you have got to stop appearing from behind trees." Madelyn said.

"Sorry." Aaron said before looking at Daryl. "You can tell the difference between walkers and humans by sound?"

Daryl said nothing so Madelyn answered. "Yeah, we've been out here for a long time."