𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝕯𝖊𝖘𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖊𝖉

Firstly, thank you so much for giving this book a chance! I am excited about this book and it's been part of my plan for a while now. I wasn't sure what I wanted initially, but I was sure I wanted to write about a little something with a very powerful and strong female lead. So here it is! I am in love with Lethe as a character.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ 𝓛𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓽𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓮 ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"I am neither interested nor obligated to meddle in royal affairs. If you do not have any other words, do see yourself out. The Serpent's Guild does not welcome outsiders."

Lethe Betlinde, who was once sent on a mission to escort General Ezekiel back to the palace is the mistress of the most secretive and yet most well known guild within the kingdom at only the young age of 20. Cold, distant, and ruthless, 'the mistress of espionage' is a name well known both within the Guild and outside of it. Just as similarly, the name Serpent's Guild brings a shiver to any who comes across it, the power this guild holds is without equal to any others. Within the walls of the Serpent's Guild's gates, lives the most dangerous assassins, the stealthiest spies, and everything in between. The Guild has been the major provider of espionage for every war Habourow has ever fought. Every master before her didn't have to bow to anyone, even the royal family had to regard them with respect. With all that, Lethe remained a mystery to people's hearts. She was young, beautiful, and powerful, it was rumored her combat skills rivaled the great Ezekiel's own, yet she didn't marry. Underneath her veil, conceals many secrets too dark for only a 20 year old to bear.

One year ago, she was ordered to bring General Ezekiel back safely. One year ago, she saved his life. Now, he is back.

┈♖◦☓◦☙◦Ezekiel Throndsen◦☙◦☓◦♜┈

"Lethe? How curious, the river of the underworld... She is quite a special one indeed. In all my 30 years of living, I have never been told to 'fuck off' so courteously."

The great general Ezekiel, often said to be a war god to the citizens of Habourow, has fought and won countless wars for the kingdom. His status was of a respectable height within the monarchy, along with his strong bond with the crowned prince, made him a force to be reckoned with. Although he had done wondrous deeds for the kingdom, the king had his doubts. Just within his early years of success, the king had bound him down with an arranged marriage, to none other than the Grand Duke Byron Usoro's daughter, Hyacinth Usoro. The 30 year old supercilious Ezekiel had no intentions of marrying such a woman, not back then when the arranged marriage was made, not now, not ever. In all his 30 years of living, he had never felt interested in any woman, and he made sure to allow others to know it too. It was even rumored that he had a fondness for men rather than women with how aloof he held himself. 

Now the question is: does he really hold no interest in women? Or does he already have someone on his heart?

══ ೋღ  Hyacinth Usoro  ღೋ ══

"I did everything so that I could fit to stand by his side one day. Everything I did, everything I learned was to prepare me for this day, and yet he left."

The daughter of the Grand Duke, Hyacinth was born into a marriage that –if she was to hold onto it– would benefit her entire life. Not only was this a once in a lifetime chance, but it was also one that had so many other girls in the kingdom jealous over. The graceful young daughter of Duke Byron and the war god Ezekiel, how lucky of her to land on such a chance. She must've done something astonishing in her last life to deserve such a marriage planned out for her. It quickly became her only goal in life - to become the perfect wife, one who could proudly stand next to Ezekiel and be considered someone who is his equal. She was the best at everything she could manage; dancing, politics, etiquette, and most importantly, beauty. The yearly contests had been dominated by her ever since she was of age to compete. She didn't mind that Ezekiel never seemed to pay attention to her, she didn't even mind if he slept with other women –if it came to that, as long as she successfully marries Ezekiel, there was nothing else that mattered.

 Everything was unraveling smoothly, and at the age of 17, she would be able to marry the man of her dreams. That is until it didn't. Her world came crashing down on itself so fast, she didn't have time to think.

═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══

Everything was changed the moment the Mistress of Serpent's Guild and the war god general gazed upon each other. In this life, not only did they change their own paths, they warped the paths of many others alongside them. If Lethe was ice, Ezekiel was the wind. Unlike fire and ice, perfectly harmonious and balanced to each other, Lethe and Ezekiel both held a coldness within them. A pair not made perfectly; unbalanced. Too much power, too much ice, too much buried below the surface. A love bound to be broken, cracked from the pressure of the intensity. Their love destroys, their love lays ruins to countless others. A love that was never meant to be, a path that was never there to begin with, and two souls scarred and tattered but still strong nevertheless, too stubborn to give up.

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

A couple of things to begin with. One, the setting for this book takes place around the medieval time, so several things may seem shocking but are actually quite common, such as the age of women when marrying. Lethe may not be considered old for our present standards but within this world, she is. Two, the geographical location of Habourow is not scientific, so different races of people will be represented within this story. If it does not seem to make sense for them to be there at the specific time period, now ya know why. Thirdly, I am not going to specify over the details of the titles and their rank and power, such as duke, earl, and count, etc. 

Finally, I love you all so much and I hope you enjoy this book! <3 <3

~ Rae