𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

When I say mask/veil for Lethe, this is similar to what i mean but darker in color ^^

The sun shone through the windows, waking the young girl sleeping soundly in a curled-up position. Rubbing her eyes groggily, she slid off the creaking bed as soundlessly as possible. Several of the people who were in leather armor were still sleeping, while she felt uneased by the sudden change of the environment. What used to be an empty house, suddenly became crowded with newly acquired guests overnight.

Looking around in a circle she counted the numbers, confused with the absence of one person. She knew immediately that it was the strange woman who helped her mother last night. The presence of such a person can never be forgotten once you've met her. She found her to be a mystery, one that perhaps she could never solve completely. She had never met anyone quite like the lady, though to be fair, she had not met many people at all.

Tiptoeing her way across the room, her bare feet making almost no noise walking over the wooden floorboards. As she pushed open the door, she saw the woman sitting atop of the roof, the way she was sitting made her seem more refined than ever. Her movements must've caught her notice since she turned to look at her.

"Hello there, what might you be doing here, dear girl?"

Lethe inquired with a gentle tone, it was usually at this time that she felt the most untroubled, the morning breeze brushing against her cheeks helped her focus on smaller things, allowing her mind to become quieter.

Last night, she had slept late in order to finish cleaning up Ezekiel's wound, which needed a couple of stitches to keep the wound secure. It was a rather painful process and time consuming too, and when they were finally done, Moon offered to take first watch so that Lethe could get some rest. She had no doubt he was still asleep in the makeshift bed they had set up for him within the house, as he should be for his body to heal.

"M-my name is Elina, and I came to find you."

The young girl stuttered on her first word, finding it daunting to speak confidently to someone new. Growing up in this place that resided in the middle of nowhere, she rarely met anybody else other than her own family. Her fingers twisted into her light brown locks, fiddling with the long hair that almost reached her lower waist.

Lethe was finding it difficult to not soften her heart with Elina's appearance. Soft, innocent hazel brown eyes that seemed to be so clear you could gaze into it and read her thoughts, round and chubby cheeks radiated youthful energy. Though her willingness to approach her proved that she was more courageous than her appearance led others to believe.

"Oh? And what for?"

She asked, raising an eyebrow, curious herself why the young girl would speak to her. Elina shrugged tentatively, unsure herself what pushed her to approach the women.

"I don't know, I just...wanted to see where you were."

Her words were so pure that Lethe chuckled briefly. "Well then, would you like to climb up?" She offered while reaching out her hand. Elina seemed hesitant, but after considering for a few seconds, she placed her small hand in the one opened for her and with the help of Lethe, she made it up to the roof.

Making herself comfortable, Elina then caught her breath at the astonishing view of the mountains, and the mist hovering on top, like a blanket of magic over the face of the world. The two stayed there in a peaceful silence until Elina thought to ask another question.

"Yesterday, when you said the place you are returning to is not a good place, what do you mean? Are you..." There was a pause as Elina thought to get the words out. "being hurt there? If so, you could stay here, you don't have to leave if you don't want to." She suggested while looking at Lethe with big, concerned eyes.