𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

//The picture above is for Cobra ^^ not for Lethe xD just to clarify//

As the people surrounding Lethe started to busy themselves with her order, she made her way to the body of Gabrielle. Bending down, she looked sorrowfully down at the mutilated body of her former parent figure. 

"Cobra, you can come out now." 

A man standing near the back of the crowd walked over to Lethe, his cheap, scrapped out clothes blended in perfectly with the others, the hood covered his face mostly, concealing his prominent features. There was an advantage to the situation, where everybody wished to conceal their faces, it was much easier to keep yourself out of the spotlight. 

Cobra was skilled in espionage before meeting Lethe, so she didn't worry much about his ability to infiltrate the group without being caught. Adding on to the fact that the situation was more than just a bit distracting for Zacharias himself, it was most definitely not a challenge for Cobra to sneak in. 

If there were two people Zacharias would recognize without a doubt, it would be Moon and Cobra. As they worked for Lethe the longest and are often seen by her side. Of course, both of them had very distinct memories tied to the first time they were seen, with Cobra causing such a big scene before Lethe saved him. 

Which is exactly why the man standing behind Lethe at this very moment looked nothing like Cobra himself. Long dreadlocks reaching his shoulders framed his face, hollowed cheeks gave the impression of a weak body, and a shaggy beard concealed any features left un-covered by the hood. There were traits he couldn't conceal though, such as his tall body build, and dark skin tone. Looking at him up close, it was not difficult to identify who he is. 

"Prepare the body, and make sure the others make it out of the tunnels smoothly," Lethe said, Gabrielle won't be getting an official funeral ceremony as she was only a servant, for several reasons mainly including two people: Terence and Zacharias. But Lethe could at the very least say goodbye to her. 

"Where do you wish for her to be buried?" Cobra's voice was quiet and slightly hoarse as he wasn't fond of and didn't need to speak as much. In some ways, Lethe and Cobra were much alike, aside from their pasts —which Cobra still wasn't ready to go into depth about. 

"Not within the Guild," Lethe replied without giving him a direct answer. After a short pause, she made up her mind. 

"I think Gabrielle would like a cremation."

Allow her to finally be free, and outside of the walls. //big AoT energy ik lmao// Let the wind take her to the horizon which she always longed for. It sounded like what Gabrielle would've wanted to Lethe. 

Cobra, after a moment of silence, slowly started walking toward the body. Lethe turned to leave as she trusted Cobra with this when Marcella stopped her. 

"Um- I just wanted to say, thank you."

She stuttered a bit, as no doubt Lethe and everybody else in the room noticed how she left out the formal title and spoke directly to Lethe. It was, in a way, her way of saying goodbye to her old mistress and this part of her life. 

Lethe didn't look at her, she merely nodded and spoke with a distant remoteness. "Just don't waste my time and efforts. —and don't come back." She knew that if some of them didn't manage to make a living for themselves, they would come back for more money. 

Taking two steps to the side, she walked around Marcella and toward the stairs. Emerging from the dungeons, she made her for chambers, getting ready for the audience with the King. She had to dress carefully, as her status, while it was high within the guild, was not worth anything outside of it.