Chapter Ten

At the dojo hawk, Aisha, Miguel and me were streching and talking. "So are we not going to talk about what happened a couple day's ago hawk?" "what are you talking about on the mat's?"

"Everybody get your gis on. Training starts in five minutes."

"Gis? we were told we would be going somewhere to train Sensei." I said to him.

"what's wrong?" "Nothing is wrong. I just thought we were going to the woods for a special training today." Miguel told Sensei.

"What's happening in the woods?"

"I thought it was a good time to separate the men from the boys. And the girls, too, I suppose." Kreese said. "How?" "Coyote Creek." "I'm not sure
they're ready for that." Sensei said.

"There's only one way to find out." "We're ready, Sensei. We want to prove ourselves." Hawk said.

"It's up to Sensei Lawrence. If he says it's okay, then, and only then, is it okay."

"All right, what are you waiting for?
Let's go."

We were now in the woods standing in two row with headbands on our heads. I had a black headband on and was standing across from Hawk that had a red headband on with Miguel next to me.

"Gentlemen, ladies. Welcome to Coyote Creek. You've been split into two teams. Red And black. The goal is to capture as many headbands as possible from the other side. Today, the people across from you are not your friends. They're not your brothers. They are the enemy. The last team standing wins." Kreese told us.

"How do we get the headbands?" Miguel said. "By any means possible. No rules." "Use your judgement. This is just a training exercise."Sensei said.

"Correct, but remember, this is your life. You lose it, you die." Kreese said.

"Hey, guys, sorry I'm late. Traffic on the 118 was a real bitch. Put Coyote Creek into the nav. Nothing came up." A guy came up and stood next to me with sunglasses on.

"What have you done to yourself?" Sensei asked him.

"Oh, the Yeah, you know what, I just decided to flip the script, Hawk-style. Respect. Heretofore, you can refer to me as Stingray." the guy said.

"Yeah, all right, Chubs. He's in your team."

"Terrific."

Me, Miguel and Tory were now walking around looking for people on the red team.

"So, what happens at the end of this if it's just you, me and y/n?" Miguel asked

"Then I guess I'll have to rip those pretty little head bands off both of you're head's."

"good luck with that." I said. "Yeah, this headband is staying right where it is." after Miguel said that we heard some leaves crunching behind us. We turned around to see someone on the other team behind us.

"I'll look around for other people he's all your guy's." I said leaving that guy to them.

I walked around for about five minutes but didn't find anyone. until I heard more leaves crunch from behind me. I turned around really fast and saw no one so I just continued walking.

After looking for a little more I leaned up against a tree to catch my breath since I just climbed a small steep hill, then I heard more leaves from behind me. I looked behind the tree and said

"Come out and fight me don't just cower away." when I turned back around I felt two hands grab onto my shoulders and slam me up against the tree.

"y'know, I feel like we're always getting into situation's where I pin you against something." I looked up to see hawk looking me dead in the eyes while smirking.