Chapter Six: Bridges Burned

Have you ever realized a good idea was actually a very bad idea the next morning? Not that you didn't enjoy what happened, you were quite happy with that part. The problem was that you'd fallen asleep. You didn't intend to, but well, you'd exhausted yourself.

The sharp ring of your phone was the only thing that managed to finally wake you up. Someone was calling, so you reached out blindly for your bedside table to grab the phone, only to come up empty. Your sleep-clogged brain took a minute to remember that you were not in your own bed, but in fact, still in the hospital.

You bolted upright and looked around. Sunlight was streaming through the window of the tiny room you'd locked yourselves in. Izuku had curled himself around your waist, trying to nuzzle closer to you.

"Izuku." You shook his shoulder. "Get up, we gotta go!"

He moaned and buried his face further into you. "Why?"

You threw the covers off and jumped out of bed, searching for your scattered clothes, slipping them on as you went. "Because this isn't a hotel! I could get into so much trouble if they caught us. Come on!"

Izuku lifted his head, squinting at you. "What time is it?"

Based on the amount of sunlight coming through the window, way too late. You rifled through your coat pocket and found your phone. It was almost a quarter to ten, the place would be bustling by now. There were also a few missed calls from Inko.

"Get your pants on," you tossed them at his head. "Your mom's been calling."

That got him going. He got up and dressed. "I can't believe I forgot about her."

You were trying to fix the rat's nest that was your hair in the mirror. There wasn't much you could do with your fingers so you stuffed your hair into your knit cap and hoped for the best. "You didn't forget. You were just...preoccupied." You turned to him, staring at his hair. It looked like a cow licked the side of his head. "You gotta call her, tell her we're on our way home."

He nodded, pulling his jacket on. You ran your hands through his curls, trying your best to tame them. They were stubborn so you licked your palm and tried to flatten them. It didn't really work, but it was better than before.

Once the two of you were semi-presentable, you cracked the door open and peeked into the hall. The good thing about this section of the hospital was that it was closed for maintenance, which meant no patients or doctors should bother you. But with your luck, someone would turn the corner any minute.

Izuku poked his head above yours, glancing around. "Clear?"

"Yeah." You both snuck into the hallway. "Pull up your hood." You tugged on the sweatshirt under his jacket. "I don't wanna get stopped."

You both exited the wing as unsuspiciously as you could, merging into the traffic of the hospital. So far, no one had noticed. He was just another visitor, like everyone else.

"Midoriya?" You flinched and turned to the voice.

"Oh, Naizen." You sighed, glad it was a friend and not a foe. "You scared me."

He leaned on the supplies cart he was pulling and cocked his head. "What are you still..." He glanced at Izuku who was staring at the ground, hands pushed deep into his pockets, trying very hard to hide his red face. "Were you, did you, wh-"

"This is not a good time Nai." You tried to hide the blush creeping across your cheeks.

He looked between the two of you and his own face flushed too. "Oh my go-"

"Don't say a word." You hissed, glancing around.

He held up his hands, a slight smirk on his face. "I didn't say anything."