Chapter 3- Ultron

It was time for the party

It was time for the party. The seven of us plus Sam Wilson and James "Rhodey" Rhodes were gathered in the Avengers Tower. We mingled with the guests that Tony invited as live music played in the background. I stood by the bar with Tony, Thor, Maria, and Rhodey as he tells a War Machine story.

"But you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm, like, "Boom. You looking for this?" Rhodey says. Thor, Tony, and I just give him blank stares.

"Boom. Are you looking for..." why do I even talk to you guys?" Rhodey asks. "Everywhere that story kills."

"That's the whole story?" Thor asks.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey says.

"Oh, it's very good, then." Thor says. He laughs. "It's impressive."

"Quality save." Rhodey says. He turns to Tony. "So, no Pepper? She's not coming?"

"No." Tony replies.

"What about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?" Maria asks.

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run." Tony says.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in.  Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor says.

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting." Tony says.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a, um, Noble Prize." Thor says.

"Yeah, they must be busy, because they would hate missing you guys get together." Maria says. She fake coughs. "Testosterone! Oh, excuse me."

"Want a lozenge?" Rhodey says, gently placing his hand behind her back as the two of them walk off.

"But Jane's better." Thor says.

When the two Avengers had walked away from the bar, I stayed behind and watched everyone continue to enjoy themselves at the party. I look next to me and on the table was a full glass of an alcoholic beverage. I consider drinking it. I look around the room to make sure no one was watching and take the glass. Before I could take one sip, Dr. Michael Wilson walks up to me.