ch.3

I called my friend, Emma, over so we can do some shopping that I needed badly. It's a Friday night and I still had to decide whether or not I wanted to go to the bar where Sal was going to perform. I was trying my hardest not to catch feelings for him and I tried to stop thinking about him. It hurt me that I had to be like this because I wouldn't want Dan to be disappointed. I wouldn't want him to think I've replaced him already. It was obvious that I found Sal attractive. His smile, his hair, the way he dresses, everything about him. I just refused to admit it.

I finished folding my laundry when I heard a knock on the door from Emma. "Come in!" I shouted and soon she came in and found me in the living room.

"Hey, girl," she said.

"Hey. Sorry, I'm almost done with this. We can leave right after I'm finished."

"You're good. Take your time," Emma sat down on the couch. She was the friend who sat down with my family and me to discuss my addiction issues. She never left my side the whole time and that's why I really appreciate having her in my life. Emma's always there to listen and she gives the best advice.

I finished folding the last piece of clothing and brought it to my room. "Okay, let's head out," I grabbed my keys and my purse and headed out the door. We got in the car and Emma plugged the AUX cord in her phone and played her music.

"So, at the group session on Monday," I began to talk over the music, Emma turning it down,"I met this new guy."

She looked at me with one eyebrow raised and had a smirk on her face. "Is he cute?"

I smiled and shook my head at the fact that that was the first thing she had to ask. "Yes, he is cute. His name's Sal."

"Sal like Salvatore?" I nodded my head. "He's Italian?"

"I'm pretty sure he once said he's Cuban, too."

"Honey, he's Latino and Italian. Go for it, are you kidding?!" I placed my car in the mall parking lot and we walked into the main entrance, going into whatever store we run into that we like.

"I don't know. I just feel like I'm not ready."

"Because of Dan, isn't it?"

I looked at her, and then at the floor, nodding my head. "It's been two years and I know it's hard for you, but I don't think Dan would care as long as you don't forget about him. He's probably watching you and is thinking 'if you're happy, I'm okay.'" Emma and Dan were good friends and I met him through her. Emma set us up and I think she felt like she was a love guru after we started dating. Usually, she didn't care about third-wheeling because she's proud of the relationship that she created, embracing it.

We walked into Victoria's Secret to look at the rare sale that they had. "Sal does stand up comedy and he suggested that I go tomorrow to the bar he's doing it at."

Emma was searching for bras. "Go! Only water, remember that."

"Yeah, I know." I picked up a black lace bra.

"For Sal?" She smirked at me and nodded her head towards the bra I was holding. Blood rushed to my cheeks and I threw the bra at her.

"I hate you so much," I mumbled.

"Hey, I can't help it. But anyways, if you want I can come with you tomorrow so you feel more comfortable." She handed me the black lace bra that I threw at her. "You're gonna regret not buying this."

I gave her a look, ripped it out of her hands and went to the cashier. She smirked at me, the love guru coming out of her shell.