CHAPTER 4

Naruto and Itachi are walking down the path that leads to where they are going when Naruto starts speaking to Itachi

"hey Itachi, what do you make of them Anbu's?"

"they all seem strong, judging from there chakra they are properly low to mid jonin level"

"I agree and the captain is properly mid to high jonin level"

"really, well then that would put him in your level of skill then wouldn't it"

"yes, it would but that's good because that means we don't have a weak captain"

"I should sp... Naruto was cut off when he sensed three shuriken's coming his way, he moved his head out the way and grabbed the shuriken's and throw them back. The guy that throw them was not expecting this and had no time to block or move as the shuriken's were about to hit and kill him but just as they were about to hit him there captain jumped down and deflected the shuriken's away, saving the man from death. The captain staired at Naruto for a second surprised at the boy's skill and timing, he could tell he is somewhere in his skill range.

"was that really necessary, you could have killed him"

"well I knew you were there, so he didn't"

"and what makes you so sure I would of came down here"

"well two reason"

"and they are?"

"one: I knew you wouldn't let a comrade die and second: if you didn't then he would have died"

The captain narrowed his eyes

"are you saying you would have let him die or you would have killed him with these shuriken's?"

"well he throw them at me first so I was only returning them to him but yes I would have"

The captain was surprised

"and why would you kill a fellow Shinobi?"

"in the ninja world if one ninja attacks another ninja the ninja that's been attacked has every right to attack with intent to kill even if it's a "fellow" shinobi, well that's the way I see it anyway"

The captain couldn't believe this kid, he knew he was going to be difficult to work with trying to keep him on a leash.

The captain sighed

"whatever, hey bear here catch here's your shuriken's back and try not to throw them at people in the future also why did you throw them at him anyways?"

"oh, we were wondering on whether they had the skill to even be in this job, so we thought of a little test"

"yeah I see and see were that almost got you, dead"

"yes, you need not remind me" Bear said remembering moments ago almost dying to his own shuriken's thrown back at him by Naruto.

"good, now let's get on with this debriefing so we can get onto this mission"

They all nodded their heads

The captain went onto explain the mission, it was to go to a cave to the North-east on the edge of the border of the land of fire. There are a group of bandits there that are terrorising the nearby towns and villages. The ninjas there mainly consist of high level chūnin, two mid-level jonin and one high level jonin.

"this mission will be interesting" Naruto said

"why's that?" the captain asked

"I will finally get to test myself as this is a A – rank mission with some by the sound of it, strong ninjas to fight"