the meeting; finale.

niki and puffy were inseparable. they sat next to each other in every class, ate lunch together, basically lived at each others houses, bathed together as they were innocent children, and still visited the flower field they met at daily. everything was perfect. that was, until niki's parents announced they were moving. niki's mother had landed herself a job, a good paying one too. but, it happened to be across the country. niki refused, she couldn't leave puffy. niki was clinging to puffy as her parents were packing up the house. they were both sobbing, holding each other. puffy sighed, "i'll be okay. you can go pack, niki." niki let out a sob. "no! i can't leave you- i-i refuse!" they sat there for a few minutes, crying. puffy let out another painful sigh and dropped to the ground, catching niki off-guard. "wh- puffy?? are you alright??" puffy layed back, looking at the sky. niki stopped for a moment, before laying beside her. it was silent for a couple minutes. "puffy?" "yes, niki?" niki shed a tear, "will i still be able to talk to you?" puffy sighed, thinking. "theres a way. my dad talked to me about letters, i heard those work! you basically just write whatever you want to say on a piece of paper, then sign it and put it into an envelope. then, on the front of the envelope, you write an address and a name of who and where you'd like to send the letter to." niki ran to her parents, asking if that was okay. they obviously said yes, leaving niki running back to puffy in a millisecond. the girls relieved, laughed. they held hands until all of niki's stuff was packed into the car.

the last time the girls ever touched, was the last hug before niki got into her parent's car.