seven

benny's POV

waking up to being sore all over isn't the greatest. what can you do though? i'll recover soon i'm sure. i woke up finding myself cuddled up to alex in his bed. he must have brought me in after i passed out earlier. 

i turn around so i can face him, carefully moving to avoid pressing on my bruises. to my surprise he was up and staring right at me. my face flushes a little under his stare. "i'm sorry baby," alex says while running his hand through my hair. i lean into it a little. i like it better when he treats me like this, so i try to enjoy it while it lasts.

i don't say anything back, i just enjoy him holding me. although it's been a rough day, i find peace in this moment. with the anger he showed today he'll probably be less stressed for at least a couple days. 

we lay there for about an hour, we didn't say anything but it was a comfortable silence. before i knew it, the sun was starting to set. i must have been out for a while if it's already this late. a text tone goes off and alex moves away to look at his phone. he types something out before returning to face towards me. "i'm gonna go out with some friends tonight, maybe you should get back to your apartment. i'm not sure when i'll get back," he says while getting out of the bed. 

i frown a little but it's not like i can keep him to myself for forever. "o-okay," i reply.

i get out of bed also and make my way to the bathroom. i catch a look at my reflection and see a bruise forming on my face. i lift my hoodie to see more bruises underneath it. i let a sigh out before letting my hoodie fall back down. i rinse my face with cold water, hoping that it would reduce the puffiness from my eyes. afterwards i take out some makeup alex bought for me so i can cover the bruises. applying it didn't take long and by the end the bruise was hardly noticeable. 

i exit the bathroom but alex isn't anywhere to be found, he must have left already. i go to grab my phone, wallet, and keys before i head back home but i could only find my phone and keys... weird. i search around a bit longer but i had no luck. i ended up giving up and just leaving with out it. 

the walk back to my apartment isn't too far. plus sometimes the walk is nice. it was a bit chilly and there was almost no light out anymore. i should of worn a thicker jacket. i finally arrive but i soon wish i didn't. i walk in to see my cousin, tyler, doing the nasty with some girl on the couch. they look over at me all startled. my face heats up and i cover my eyes with my hand, "really, ty? the couch?" 

i hear some rustling around and some whispering between the two. "sorry about that," tyler chuckles nervously, "you can look now." i put down my hand to see that they put some clothes on and the girl looked like she was going to die from embarrassment. "you should have texted me that you were on your way over."

"well i didn't think i had to since i live here too, ya know?" i make my way towards the kitchen to make a sandwich, i'm starving. 

they start whispering again and the girl ended up gathering her things and leaving. ty walks over to me and sits down at the counter island. "some dude came by looking for you," he says while going to grab my sandwich. i quickly swat his hand away before looking up at him. someone was looking for me?

"who was it?" i take a bite, waiting for his reply.

"uh..." he pauses for a moment, "i probably should of gotten his name. he came by with your wallet though." he points over to the table where my wallet was. so that's what happened to it. alaric must of dropped it off. i walk over to the table to see if anything's missing, but if it really was alaric then i doubt he would of taken anything. it's not like there's much in there.

i open it up and see nothings out of place, but i did notice a card that wasn't there before. i pull it out to see alaric's business card. maybe i should text him and tell him thanks for returning my wallet and probably for the coffee too. i'll text him after i finish eating.

i look back over towards tyler to see him finishing up my sandwich. he looks over and smiles sheepishly. "you could of made your own," i laugh.

"but eating other people's food tastes so much better, it's science."

i roll my eyes at his dumb comment and make my way into my room. i plop down on my bed and noticed the hole in my pants from earlier. i'll just ask tyler to sew it later. i get back up to change into something more comfortable. i settle with one of alex's hoodie (which was way too big for me) and some gym shorts.

after cozying back up in my bed i pull out my phone to text alaric. 

alaric's POV

benny hasn't left my mind all day. i hope he's alright. last i saw of him he looked terrified, i should of ran after him.

i've been trying to busy myself by finishing some work ever since i got home, but i can't stop worrying about him. my phone goes off and i see a text from an unknown number. i open it knowing that it's probably benny.

unknown # - hey its benny. i wanted to say thank you for returning my wallet and for the coffee.

i smile, about time he texted me. i reply quickly.

me - yeah of course. maybe you could make it up to me by meeting with me again?

i might be pushing my boundaries but i like being around his cute self. plus i can't help but wanting to help him from alex.

i save his number to my phone while i wait for his reply. i know there's a chance that he won't even save my number since i'm still basically a stranger to him and then there's the fact he has a dick boyfriend.

benny - ok

the reply was short but it made me happy that he wasn't against the thought of seeing me again. 

me - does lunch tomorrow work for you?

benny - yeah, what time?

me - i'll pick you up at 12

tomorrow i can show him how he should be treated, and maybe then he'll understand what he has with alex isn't right.