TW: Feeling isolated/Alone, Break down.

———————————————————————

Alone.

In an apartment.

What could be better?

It was dark out, each tic on the clock seemed to last hours, the minute hand taking so much longer then needed.

There was only two days left until Zak met up with Darryl.

Two days.

Two days for Zak to get himself together.

Zak was sitting on his gaming chair, staring up at the clock above his desk. The tic of the clock filled his ears.

Zak felt so alone, but he refused to reach out to anyone, he would only be a burden to them, he knew it was the best thing to do, but he couldn't bring himself to.

Zak stood up from his chair, walking over to his dresser for clothes, he decided he would take a shower, calm his mind a bit.

Zak walked over to his bathroom, placing down his clothes on the counter, then turning in the shower.

Zak stripped off his clothes and went into the shower, it was cold. He didn't mind, he quite liked cold showers.

Zak began to hum a soft melody, the lyrics of the song played in his head.

And ultimately I believe we'll be okay,

Its so cliché to say these things,

But repetition is a key.

Zak let out a slight sigh, rubbing the shampoo into his now wet hair.

I think i'm better when i'm with you,

But I worry when your gone.

I think I need to learn to love myself,

I must learn to be strong.

Zak stopped humming when he felt his throat clench. He choked back a sob, the song always reminded him of Darryl, even if he'd never say it.

It hurt,

It really did.

Zak closed his eyes and sat down, water running down his face, he sat there, silent, he let the tears flow.

Everything he had kept in for the past two years flowed out. He cupped his face, tears burning the side if his face and his eyes.

He didn't know what to do, there was nothing he could do, he was alone.

So he sat there.

Tears streaming his face, the cold water hitting the back of his hair, the water was in sync with his crystal tears.

Zak knew he should 'suck it up' thats what anyone would say, but in his situation, he couldn't.

Once he started crying, he couldn't stop the tears.

-

Zak had already gotten out of the shower, he was also already changed, he was comfy. He was wearing Darryl's merch, well the sweatshirt. He was wearing navy blue sweatpants.

Zak went out of the bathroom and sat on his bed. His bed wasn't made, of course it wasn't, he didn't want to take the time to make it.