chapter 8

Peter's pov

"I want to text my Aunt to let her know I'm safe." I look down at my lap unsure where to look. "I'll give you your phone, but you need to tell us what happened after. alright?" Mr. Stark says firmly. I nod. He gives me my phone and I quickly text aunt may.

• • •

Peter
Hey, sorry I forgot to text you last night. I went over to Ned's. He wanted to study together and I got caught up in the moment. I'm sorry but I'm safe.

🤍Aunty May🤍
Don't you lie to me Peter
I know you were not at Ned's last night because that was the first place I called.
Now tell me the truth where are you right now?

• • •

I look around the room for an excuse but I don't find one. Do I tell her that I'm at the Avengers tower? "Mr. Stark?" He turns away from his phone to look at me. "What's up kid?" I look at him and ask, "My aunt doesn't know, that I'm, you know, spiderman. She's asking where I am right now, what- What should I tell her?" He blinks a few times. "I have no idea kid. I mean for starters you can tell her you're spiderman? Or you can leave that bit out and hope she never remembers this conversation! I do it all the time!" Dr. Banner snorts, "Except it never works for you." Mr. Stark waves his hand at Dr. Banner. "Don't tell him that! I'm trying to look good in front of the kid!" I chuckle and go back to my phone.

• • •

Peter
Um well... I'm kinda at the Avengers tower...

🤍Aunty May🤍
Hold on I want to make sure I'm reading this correctly.
You're at the Avengers tower?

Peter
Yes?

🤍Aunty May🤍
Why?
Why are you at the Avengers tower?

Peter
Haha gtg ttyl ily

🤍Aunty May🤍
Don't you dare peter!
Peter answer me
What am I going to do with you

• • •

I set my phone down and look back up at the two adults. Tony is looking at his phone, probably texting someone. Dr. Banner took a seat next to the window and is now looking out it. "Mr. Stark?" Both of their heads snap towards me. "I'm done texting my Aunt." He nods. "How'd it go?" I look down and scratch my neck. "I'll probably get a very stern talking to when I get home. Haha." Mr. Stark snorts.

Then his face morphs into a much more serious expression. "Now, Tell me what happened kid." I look away. "Well it was just a stupid mistake. This really strong guy tackled me and tried to stab me so I dodged but I didn't dodge quick enough so he ended up stabbing me in the side and after that I got the heck out of there after webbing him up like I usually do." Mr. Stark stares at me for a moment. "Wow that was a lot for just one breath. Um okay. Was he caught?" I nod. "Well I guess that's about it."

Mr. Stark stands up and puts his phone into his pocket. "I have to be in a meeting that started about ten minutes ago, so I'm going to have to leave. If you need anything Green guy will be here." I nod as he leaves.

"Honestly this still feels so unreal. Like I've just met my idols. I'm in the Avengers tower. I've been texting Tony freaking Stark! Honestly even if this is a dream this is the best dream I've ever had. It's taking basically all I have to keep myself from fanboying." Dr. Banner looks at me then stands up and walks over to the chair Mr. Stark was sitting in before. "Yeah I get that. A lot of people react that way when they meet the team."

I smile at him. "I'm sorry but can I- can I shake your hand?" He looks a little shocked but smiles and we shake hands. "Nice to meet you Peter." I almost squeal. "Nice to meet you too Mr. Banner! Honestly I've dreamed of the day I could meet you! Although I didn't think it would be in this situation but still!" He smiles but it looks almost sad. "Yeah a lot of people say that because they expect the big guy and not me too." I get confused at this a little. "Oh, uh, no. I'm fine with not meeting the hulk right now. Funny thing, I've actually met him before. But I meant you! I've dreamed of meeting you, the brilliant scientist I've grown up admiring." He looks like he's going to say something but closes his mouth.

I wait for him to speak but he doesn't. "I'm sorry if I upset you or something... I didn't mean to I just was too excited and, I apologize, it's just-" he cuts me off, "Peter. It's okay. I'm happy really. It's been a long time since someone admired me for me and I was just really touched."

_____________________________________________

A/N hey guy I hope you liked today's chapter! I hope to more updates soon and I've had the motivation to write so you guys are in luck! Although I have this foreboding feeling that I'm gonna get a writers block soon so enjoy the frequent updates while you can :(.

Edit: I've got writer's block now sorry. This book is going to be going on a short hiatus sorry :(.