Fade Out

You crawl out of the water coughing. Your hair drips with water and you can't find your mask. You look around for Vi and stand up. You see her laying a few feet away not moving. You rush over to her and check her heartbeat. Its still there but faint and slow. You put both of your hands on her chest and press down. You keep going until she coughs up water. She breathes in sharply and raises up.

Y/n: Oh thank God.

She looks around and runs her hand through her hair. You stand up and look around and suddenly you feel a radiating energy. Its not evil its just pure power, a figure stands in a tree and jumps down. You recognize who it is almost instantly.

Y/n: Fade!

He approaches you and looks from you to Vi.

F: I could sense Perfect Shadows energy. Did you see him?

Y/n: See him, he attacked us.

Fade takes off his mask and snaps his fingers, your suddenly in a cabin. Its decorated with samurai swords and artifacts from history and battles hes been in. He takes off the rest of his robe and sits down in front of you.

F: Tell me everything, why is he after you? What are his goals? Why is he here?

Y/n: Something about me being the next rift master and preventing me and Vi from getting to an island named Apollo.

His eyes widen in shock and he stands up. He crosses the room and gets something up from a panel in the floor. Its a rock of some kind, it glows with a pale blue hue. He places it in the palm of your hand and it begins to spark abd crackle with energy.

F: Theres no denying it. You are the next rift master.

Y/n: What does that mean?

F: A rift is a tear in reality, certain people can control the immense power.

Y/n: What do rifts do?

F: Teleportation, access to the in between, if you master it enough ability to hop between realities.

He gets up and notions for you to follow him. Vi gets up to follow you guys but he shakes his head. Vi sits back down and you follow him downstairs. He goes over to a locked box and puts his finger on it. He sends a pulse of energy through his finger and into where the lock is breaking it. He opens the box revealing a staff, he slowly picks it up and hands it to you.

F: I was told to give this to the next person I trained.

You slowly take it and it sends a jolt of energy through you. Your eyes widen and you get a vision.

It flashes through Drift and Fades battle, the creation of the staff. It all opens up to. You come out of the vision and look to Fade.

Y/n: I don't know if I'm ready for this responsibility.

F: You are, you are stronger than you believe. But dont go in pursuit selfishly for power as I did. You lose freinds, love, family, even your own humanity.

You gulp and nod your head gripping the staff even tighter. Your head spins processing everything youve learned. You walk back up stairs and sling the staff over your back.

Y/n: Hey Fade, were gonna need someone to train us.

F: It would be honored.