Daichi-san

Type: Romance

Main Characters: Haruko Mitsushi (Human), Daichi Genji (White Tiger)

POV Style: Third person

Plot: Haruko is troubled about confessing his feelings to his Daichi-san. That is until the mercenary tiger gets drunk and becomes honest with him. However, Haruko fears that he might not remember when daylight comes.

Note: Description might be crappy, but I worked hard for this. The pic above is Mercenary from Grimoire of Zero. I don't own him, but I cast him as Daichi in this story. He belongs to his creator :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Snowfall was something that Haruko never liked. He hated the coldness of each white speck that touches his bare skin. He's not prone to getting sick easily, but he hates the feeling of tiny frost stings seeping into his skin, especially when he's shirtless while chopping wood outside of his house. He's not a beastman with thick fur, so he ought to bear with the uncomfortableness of the winter season.

CHOP! CHOP!

Each swing of his axe made his muscles worked up and tensed, yet sweat didn't easily glisten his skin due to the cold weather. He was used to it; it was his everyday living, after all. Haruko is hurrying up to finish the remaining wood so he could deliver it to town before dusk.

Just as the blade of his tool hit the last wood to be chopped, he heard a familiar gruff voice.

"Working hard again, Mitsushi?"

Haruko turned to whoever called him by his last name and smiled when he found that it was Daichi. He's clad in his usual mercenary robe, leather pants, gloves, and spiked cuffs. The tiger beastman smiled back with his small canines slightly sticking out, making Haruko's heart thump in excitement. It was a smile that never fails to make even his worst days to his happiest ones.

"Daichi-san!" He gingerly pulled a towel from his pocket and wiped the sweat and dirt from his face. He wanted to look presentable to him, yet he didn't even realize that his torso was naked. It didn't matter too much, though.

"You shouldn't be shirtless in a weather like this. You could catch a cold, you know."

"Nah, it's fine. I don't get sick that easily." Haruko was slightly blushing with a grin, then it suddenly turned into a tiny frown. "What brings you here, Daichi-san? Don't you have a job to be working on?"

"Can't I pay a visit to a friend of mine here in the mountains?"

Friend. Ouch...

Despite the fact that Daichi even managed to visit him made him blush, that "friend" word stung his heart ever so deeply. Haruko has always been in love with this mercenary white tiger since they met the first time. He never gets to tell him, though, and one reason he doesn't is that he's afraid of rejection. Daichi is well-known as the ladies' man, and Haruko is definitely not a lady.

For real, his bulging muscles from wood chopping definitely didn't state that he's a sophisticated woman suited for him. Daichi wants someone with a curvy body, a huge pair of breasts, and long wavy hair; Haruko never had any of those. Heck, he's not even a beastman like him.

'There's no way he'll love me back...' The lumberjack keeps telling himself that. If Daichi even feels the same way, that would certainly be in his dreams.

"You okay, Mitsushi? You look sad."

Haruko snapped out of his depressing thoughts, blushed, and then scratched his head awkwardly. "Ahaha... I'm just worried about how I'll get these woods to town before nightfall." That was a horrible lie. He knew he can deliver them with ease, and he never finished his delivery with the moon high up in the sky.