Chapter One

The funeral was very short. The reverend was very sympathetic about the entire thing and everyone was sympathetic. I stood over the grave and holding back tears. I can still hear the reverend in my head.

"Here we remember the wonderful life of Isaiah Newland. A father, and a friend. We pay the utmost respect to his daughter, Gloria Newland."

My mind was so frozen in the funeral that I forgot my speech and everything. My snow white hair blew in the wind as a man in a pink lab coat stands next to me.

Wait.

"I'm so sorry about your dad. He was a great scientist and a great friend. He always believed in me. Even if others didn't"

His voice was so much like the muppet Walter but more nasally and depressed. He had golden hair that was more ruffled than a birds feathers. The lab coat was the brightest pink I have ever seen and a big yellow c was painted on his shirt.

He sighed. "You know, Isaiah was my favorite lab partner. He always kidded about how I might be the next Bruce Banner. Guess he'll never know how wrong he was."

My mind is racing with questions but I didn't want to pry at him. He seemed as sad as I was.

"I told him about this huge plan I had for a super soldier serum."

This caught my attention. A super soldier serum, just like in the movies. Was it actually possible?

"He and I teamed up on it while we worked on his device. I almost finished it too. All I needed was a test subject. Horrible timing I guess. "

I stared at the coffin as the man dropped dirt down on the coffin. For the first time ever, I finally had made a reckless decision "Do you think I could test it out?" The man looked at me in a surprised manner "I don't know. Usually people who get too close end up getting hurt. My friend Amethyst got close and now she has multiple identities. I don't want to hurt you. I don't even know you" I held out my hand to him "I'm Storm. Storm Newland. And I'm ready to become your guinea pig" "I'm Cally. Let's get to work I guess"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe this kid convinced me to do this. She got herself in gym clothes for some reason, sports bra and all. "Why?" "All heroes when their given super serums, they usually put themselves in something so you can put the serum in. Don't worry Cally. I trust you" As soon as she says that, my mind takes me back, back to the past.

Amethyst had gotten some big opera tickets. I was impressed she even had enough money to get that. "So Cally, how are you doing?" "Fine, as long as I have you" As we lean into kiss, A semi slams into the side of the car

I scrambled to my feet. A large metal rod stabbed through my abdomen and had my artery at the end of it. Other than that, I'm fine. Amethyst though, she was covered in blood and fluid from the car. Her eyes were shut and shaking like crazy. What have I done?

"Cally? You good?" Storm snaps me back to reality "Yeah, just lost focus that's all. Let's get you ready"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Here! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Second Chapter is being worked on as we speak!