4

Two months later Miranda and Ben were back at work. Ben started working back as an anesthesiologist, but on his days off he was working out and firefighter training.

After his surgery Ben left out going to Dr. Webber's office.

"Warren come in." Richard said as Ben knocked on the already open door.

"Hey Dr. Webber." Ben said closing the door behind him. " Miranda's birthday is coming up. She didn't tell me exactly when it was but she told me she was turning 40 and I want to give her a surprise party, but I don't really know everyone to invite. She also informed me that you two have been friends for years so-"

"Oh great. She normally celebrates with just you two, but this is a big one." Richard commented cutting him off.

Ben nodded. "Yeah, I wanted to do something nice for her even though my situation."

"Her birthday is in 3 weeks, September the 17th. It actually falls on a Saturday this year." Richard informed.

"Okay thanks." Ben said pulling out his phone to add that to his calendar.

"Hold on for a second. Let me page Kepner." Richard said grabbing his pager.

"Who's Kepner?" Ben questioned he had been through so many names he couldn't place her.

"Bubbly, red head, trauma surgeon." Richard informed.

"Sir." Kepner said as she walked in holding her pager.

"We are throwing Bailey a 40th Birthday party and we need your skills and expertise." Webber explained.

"Oh, this is going to be fun. How big?" April asked pulling up a chair and taking out her phone.

"I'm not sure." Ben stated. "But she doesn't seem to like people that much." Ben chuckled.

"You are right about that." Richard laughed as well.

"Intimate then so close friends and family about 50 people. " April said typing.

"Yes." Ben said nodding.

"What's her favorite color." Kepner asked looking at Ben.

"Uh I don't know. She wears a lot of purple." Ben responded rubbing his face. " wait yesterday she said she likes rose gold."

"Okay so rose gold, white and soft pink decorations. I'm thinking the same type of venue like you all's wedding. A lodge look." April informed.

"That's perfect." Ben smiled Miranda showed him their wedding album and he liked the venue.

" alright we need, invitations, balloons, white and pink roses for center pieces, a huge cake, a cater, table cloths, table runners, back drop for pictures. Ooh a photo booth would be cute with the bottom saying cheers to 40."  April rambled on typing up more stuff.

Richard and Ben sat looking at each other they didn't know half of the stuff she was talking about now.

"What day are we having it?" April asked.

"Her birthday is September the 17th." Richard told her

"Okay, let me have your card." April said turning to Ben.

Ben pulled out his wallet and handed April his Bank card.

"Is there a limit." Kepner inquired.

"No there's no limit get whatever you need." Ben smiled.

"Okay the venue has been booked and I will handle the rest. Here is my number text me food options, desserts and guest list."

"I'll handle the guest list and get back to you tomorrow. “Richard said.

"I need to get in touch with I think she said her maid of honor was a woman named Callie. She said that she moved away and she missed her. I want to fly her in." Ben stated.

"Oh, that is so sweet." April smiled.

"Richard." Miranda said opening Webber’s door.

"Oh, I'm sorry I should have knocked." Miranda smiled glancing around the room curiously.

"It's okay come on in." He smiled back.

"What are you all talking about." Miranda questioned.

"Warren here wants to learn some general and trauma surgery techniques. He is going to shadow April and I." Richard said lying.

"I’m the chief of surgery. Why didn't you ask me?" Miranda whined walking behind Ben and massaging his shoulders.

"Because you're the chief and you already have a lot on your plate." Ben explained.

"I would have made time for you." She pouted.

"I know you would have baby." Ben smiled. "What are you doing?" He asked her.

"I was coming to give these papers to Webber and then find my boyfriend husband and ask him to lunch. So, what do you say?" Miranda smiled.

"Of course. Let me finish up here and I'll come to your office and get you."

"I can't stay?" Miranda questioned raising her eyebrow looking at the three.

"No. It's not that. I knew you wanted to get your purse first." Ben smiled.

"You're right." Miranda murmured leaving out.

Ben, April and Richard finished up most of the plans for her party. He gave April his card information before transferring her money as well.

"Hey baby." Ben said pushing her door open.

He watched as a man's hand moved from her thigh and side of her hip. The two were sitting on the couch close together.

Ben's nose flared as he tried to assess the situation. They looked comfortable with each other.

Miranda watched the anger wash over her husband's body. His jaw was clenched and his nose was flared. He didn't speak, but if he could remember he would flip the hell out seeing Eli Lloyd on her couch and touching her thigh being this close.

She swallowed hard getting ready to say something, but Ben just turned around and walked out of her office.

"Like I was saying Nurse Lloyd. I am married." Now if you would excuse me and let yourself out." Miranda mumbled picking up her purse off the table walking out.

Miranda walked all over looking for Ben. She walked outside and saw him sitting on the Bench.

"Benjamin." Miranda called out to get his attention.

When he didn't respond she sat beside him and put her hand on his thigh and that pissed him off.

"Are you having an affair Miranda?" Ben asked aggressively shoving her hand off his leg.

"What? No! Of course not." Miranda said surprised.

"Well, what and who the hell was that?" Ben said with his jaw clinched.

Miranda pursed her lips looking at him." His name is Eli." She stated.

"Miranda don't play with me. Who the hell is he and why does he feel comfortable enough to touch my wife?" His voice boomed.

Miranda was getting turned on. Her husband upset has always made her want to ride him fiercely until he was shuddering under her calling her name. The thought alone made her shiver.

Ben was losing his patience. Was she sitting here day dreaming about another man?

"Miranda I'm talking to you." Ben yelled breaking her dirty thoughts about him.

"Yes, I'm sorry. Eli is my um fling before we got married. Right after we broke up." Miranda told him seriously.

"So why the fuck was he touching you?" Ben asked yelling.

Miranda head snapped. "I don't care how upset you are. You won't speak to me that way." Miranda said grabbing her purse standing and her eyes watered. "My husband has never spoken to me that way before and it won't start now." She huffed walking away.

Ben stood and rubbed his face. "Miranda baby wait." Ben said grabbing her arm.

"I'm sorry baby. I really am. It will not happen again; I promise I was just upset and frustrated." Ben said wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I know I'm sorry too. I'm not cheating on you. I would never. I haven't seen him in 7 years. He came in and told me that he started working here again and I guess he was assuming that we could rekindle things. I told him no and that I was married and he started scooting closer to me on the couch. The more I scooted over the closer he got until I was at the end of the couch. He put his hand on my thigh I had asked him to leave and then you walked in."

"Why would he even assume you were single after 7 years. He clearly didn't know how valuable you were." Ben huffed.

Miranda smiled gushing he always made her feel like she was the only girl in the world.

"It's okay I have a wonderful, sexy, genuine, certified, and accomplished husband. She smiled.

Ben pulled her in tight against him grabbing her ass. Miranda looked up into his eyes before standing on her toes to kiss his lips. Ben leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. Miranda opened her mouth to allow his tongue to explore. She moaned loudly. It was almost as if he was saying sorry in this kiss. Her body was reacting quickly. She pulled him down closer and wrapped her arms around his back as he kissed her.

"I'm sorry." Ben murmured breaking the kiss.

"Me too." Miranda said breathing heavily.

"Lunch?" Ben asked and Miranda chuckled.

"Yeah, come on." Miranda smiled.

It was now Saturday September the 17th. Ben woke up and opened Miranda's door she was knocked out. He brought in 40 bouquets of roses and tons of Balloons letting them fill the room as the strings were hanging. He took separate single Balloons and put them on the floor.

Ben put a big 4 and 0 balloon on each side of the bed. He attached 100-dollar bills to 40 of the balloons. He bought her two dresses and two pairs of heels for tonight and put the bag on the chair in the corner of the room.

After he was done with his setup. He left out cracking her door to make her breakfast.

Miranda rolled over in the bed. She was dreading today. She was 40 years old and she didn't even know if her husband knew today was her birthday. She wasn't going to make a big deal about it because it was hard enough already for him.

Miranda opened her eyes and sat up. She gasped as her eyes darted around the room at all the decorations. There was balloons and roses everywhere. She saw two gift bags in the corner of the room and money was attached to some of the balloons.

Miranda squealed getting up and grabbing the money "Benjaminnnnn." Miranda mumbled counting the money she was grabbing.

"4,000 dollars." She smiled before walking to the corner of the room with the gift bags.

She opened the bags and pulled out two dress both in the color of rose gold. One was a body con spaghetti strapped dress and she knew by the way it was cut in the front that it would show a healthy amount of cleavage. The next was a sequin square wrap detail mini skater dress.

Miranda opened the shoe boxes and saw Farrah Perspex court clear heel in nude patent and in the other a gold strappy heel.

She was growing more excited about the plans to come.

Miranda walked into the bathroom and brushed her teeth and washed her face. After she was done, she checked her phone and saw a few missed calls and text messages.

Ben walked into the room with a tray of food and Miranda smiled.

"Happy Birthday baby." Ben smiled sitting the food on the bed beside the money that was across it.

"Thank you." She smiled standing and wrapping her arms around his neck. She pecked his lips two times and Ben pulled her close to deepen the kiss.

"How did you know today was my birthday?"  Miranda questioned hopeful he was his self again.

"I asked Webber a few weeks ago. I didn't want to miss it."

"You know if you would have it wouldn't have been a big deal." She told him seriously.

"Yes, it would have. You turned 40 that's a big deal. I would have been hurt and upset if I did miss it. Plus, what kind of husband would I be if I missed my wife's birthday?" He countered looking into her eyes.

"The one who's dating his wife all over again." Miranda laughed.

"That still wouldn't make me a good boyfriend." Ben chuckled.

"I guess you’re right. I would have dumped you."

"No, you wouldn't. I would have made it up to you." Ben responded wiggling his eyebrows.

"How so?" Miranda countered.

"A few things that I won't mention, but I'm sure you know."

Oh, she knew already and she desperately wanted those things.

"Breakfast is going to get cold if you keep day dreaming about those things." Ben laughed kissing her lips that formed into a pout.

After eating breakfast and talking Miranda replied to her messages and called her parents and Tuck back.

"Tuck told me to tell you that he texted you back and that he wants to FaceTime again tomorrow."

"Okay." Ben responded.

"You two have been face timing." Miranda inquired wanting him to elaborate.

"Yes, we have been texting and face timing for two weeks now. I'm just trying to get to know him again. We have plans to hangout this Wednesday since he doesn't have debate or any other practice." Ben informed her.

Miranda's heart swelled and she smiled widely.

"He's a great kid." Ben commented.

"He really is" Miranda responded.

"Why don't we have any kids together?" Ben questioned.

Miranda eyes widened at his questioned.

"I don't know. We never talked about it before. Do you want kids? Is that something that you want?" Miranda asked seriously.

" I always wanted kids. I wouldn't mind having one. Is that what you want? I want whatever you want. If you don't want any that's fine too." Ben rambled thinking.

"I wouldn't mind a girl." Miranda smiled and Ben nodded.

"Mmm we are only dating though. Don't you think it's too early to start talking and thinking about kids?" Miranda joked.

"You got jokes." He laughed kissing her forehead.

"You bought me outfits. What's the plan for today?" Miranda asked.

"I am taking you to get your hair, nails, feet and makeup done. Then we have reservations at 7."

"Aww really baby, where are we eating at?" Miranda asked straddling him.

Ben looked up at her loving this position.

"It's a surprise." He smiled.

"What can I do to get you to tell me." She smiled biting her lips before kissing his lips and chin.

"You're cute, but nothing." Ben said grabbing her hips.

"Am I just cute?" Miranda inquired batting her eyelashes and rubbing her night gown.

"Nope sexy." Ben replied swiftly.

"What else?" She smiled down on him.

"Gorgeous, magnificent, intelligent, bossy, beautiful, wonderful, shall I keep going."

"No that's enough for now. Let me go get ready. I’m so excited." She smiled squealing getting off the bed.

"Miranda come on your going to be late for your hair appointment." Ben called out from the doorway of their room.

"I'm coming." Miranda said opening the bathroom door.

Ben smiled looking at her. Her hair was in a ponytail. She had on blue jeans, a pink shirt, and sandals.

He waited outside while Miranda got her hair done. He honestly didn't think it would take hours.

Ben frowned when Miranda came outside. He got out to open her car door.

"What happened I thought you were getting your hair done?" Ben asked concerned and Miranda started laughing.

"It is done babe." Miranda laughed more.

"It is?" He stated in disbelief looking at the rollers in her hair.

"Yes, it's already done I just asked her to keep these in so the curls don't come out. We have four hours until dinner." She responded.

"Oh okay." Ben nodded.

30 minutes later Ben and Miranda were getting their feet done after she convinced him.

He watched her get her nails done and he liked it. They were a fair pink with a gold design on one.

"Okay baby I know I have held you hostage all day. You can go home I'll get my car, so you don't have to go with me to get my make up done."

"I'm fine Miranda, I just ordered us something to eat so you can eat before getting your makeup done."

"You are so sweet Benjamin Warren." Miranda said poking out her lips so he would kiss her.
Miranda eventually walked out with her make up done. She looked absolutely stunning. She had on eyelashes with eyeliner and rose gold eye shadow. Her lips were glossed in her natural lip color.

"Alright it's 6." Miranda smiled at him buckling up.

"What are you staring at?" Miranda questioned.

"You. You are so beautiful." Ben responded staring her over some more.

"Thank you handsome." She beamed.

When they got home they both went in separate directions as she got ready. She lotion down before putting her dress on and taking the rollers out of her hair. She pulled her hair back on one side so all her hair would fall to the right side. Pinning the back.

After she was finished, she put on dangling earrings and a bracelet.

Ben eyes could have bulged out his head when she came out of the bathroom. The dress he bought her left little to imagine as it hugged every curve her body owned. She was beautiful nonetheless.

"Damn." Ben groaned. He didn't know which way to look. Her face, her breast, the curve of her hips, or her ass. She was a master piece.

"I take it you like this one." Miranda blushed at the way he was staring at her. It was almost as if she was the last cookie on the counter.

"Uh uh. Wear the other one." Ben commented looking her up and down.

"You brought it." Miranda chuckled smoothing her hands over the dress.

"I didn't know you were going to fill it out like that." Ben said stressing the point. Pointing at her backside and breast.

Miranda laughed loudly. "I don't know what made you think that. So, you really don't want me to wear it baby?" She questioned with her lips poked out.

"Miranda I just.... men are going to stare at you all night. They probably would have anyway, but this is just pushing it."

"I'll be with you the whole night. You said that we were going out to dinner and it was a surprise to where it was." Miranda countered.

Ben stared at Miranda for a few moments thinking. He didn't necessarily know if she wanted to be dressed this sexy in front of her coworkers and friends.

"What if your patients or coworkers saw you out tonight or something." Ben questioned.

"I'm a grown woman and most of my coworkers are my friends so it doesn't matter." She answered walking into the bathroom.

"You look handsome." She called from the bathroom. She always loved him in a suit.

"Thank you." He smiled.

"I’m ready." Miranda said grabbing her clutch.

Ben got into the car and he pulled out, driving to the venue. "where are you taking me for dinner?" Miranda asked looking over at him as he drove.
"it's a surprise." Ben said as he grabbed her hand and Miranda huffed.

"You really want me to spoil the surprise?" He questioned.

"No. I’m just a curious woman." Miranda laughed.

Ben pulled up and he put the car in park. "Are you ready for dinner." Ben asked smiling.

"More than ready." Miranda said laughing and she got out of the car.

Ben put his arm around her waist, and she turned to face him. They were outside a pretty building and she could see a chandelier.  The place almost reminded her of their wedding venue. "okay close your eyes." Ben said as he put his hands over her eyes.

"Bennnn." Miranda whined before letting him cover her eyes and lead her. Ben opened the door to the building and they walked a little before he got to the double doors to her party venue. He opened it and put his hand up signaling everyone to be quiet.
"ok on the count of three I'm going to remove my hands and you can open your eyes." Ben said as Miranda nodded her head.

"okay 1...2...3."

Miranda opened her eyes as everyone screamed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY."