My Superman (an August Alsina story)

Chanel//

"YOU BETTER OPEN THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' DOOR BITCH! YOU'RE ONLY MAKING IT WORSE FOR YOURSELF!" Derek yelled at me through our bathroom door. I was just balled up, crying in the corner. I had just got beaten because I didnt have dinner ready by the time he got out of "work". We have been dating for about a year and a half now. He wasn't always like this. About 5 months ago, Mama J, Derek's mom, passed away from breast cancer and ever since the day of the funeral he has just been so angry all the time. Anyways, It got quiet so I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy from crying, I had a red hand mark on my left cheek from when he slapped me to the ground and finger prints that were turning into bruises on my neck from when he chocked me. I started hearing the lock being picked. I started backing up until I couldn't back up anymore. Before I knew it I was screaming and being dragged out the bathroom by my hair. "PLEASE STOP DEREK, YOUR HURTING ME PLEASE!" I yelled. "You shouldve came out the bathroom when I asked you too." He said. Before I knew it he was sending blow after blow to my face. All I was doing was yelling and screaming for help but that was no use because no one could hear me. I soon blacked out.

*

*

I Woke up and looked around. I was in the bedroom laying on the bed. It feels like ive been sleeping forever. I looked to my side, no Derek. I got up and instantly groaned. My body ached from head to toe. I slowly walked to the bathroom and freshened up. I walked downstairs to see Derek sitting on the couch smoking a blunt. I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen without saying a word. While I was taking something out to cook, I felt two arms sneak around my waist. I rolled my eyes knowing it was Derek. "What you cooking baby?" he asked. "What does it look like?" I asked with a bit of attitude in my voice. He chuckled. "What you doing tonight?" he asked me. "Going to dinner with Nahomy. Why?" I said. "Just asking." he said. "You don't have to cook tonight since you have a little attitude and your going out." he told me. He didn't have to tell me twice. I walked out the kitchen and went upstairs to our room. I took out some red jeans, an all black sweatshirt that said Brooklyn in white letters and my Bred 11s. I took a quick shower, got dressed and put makeup over the visible bruises. Then I put on my gold chain, gold hoops and put my hair in a neat bun. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before grabbing my phone, purse and car keys. I walked downstairs to see no Derek, I shook my head, he couldn't even tell me he was leaving. I turned off all the lights, locked the door and got in my BMW. When I pulled up to Nahomys house I called her and told her I'm outside and she said she'd be right out. I waited about two minutes and she finally came out. "Damn ma, my sister looking fire!" I said to her as she got in. "Chill look at you my girl, you about to have these niggas drooling over you!" she said to me while laughing. I just laughed at what she said. Nahomy was a short, gorgeous Puerto Rican girl with curly hair that touched the top of her butt and can you say thick! My bestfriend had a body on her! As I was pulling out of her drive way she spoke. "Change of plans, were going to an August Alsina concert!" "Nahomy stop fucking with me you know how I feel about Aug!" I yelled excitedly. I'm August Alsina's #1 fan. That man had the voice of God himself. "My nigga stop yelling damn, and yes im serious." she said giggling. "AH SHIT MY NIGGA ITS LIT!" I yelled. I love this girl man.