Chapter 34

"A-are y-y-you okay?" Harry stuttered, glancing down at my hand which was now turning white from the tension between my grip and the arm rest.

"Yes Harry, fucking great." My eyes were slightly open now but only to a squint. I blinked rapidly to try and stop the tears which were slowly forming.

The plane was moving forwards and gaining speed every second. I slowly removed Cal's arms from around me, and positioned myself so I was now facing the front of the plane, hands clinging to both arm rests and my knees held tightly together. I kept my vision straight ahead as we slowly began ascending into the sky.

We sat in silence for a while but then I felt a warm hand gently graze my own. At first I thought it was an accident but, it stayed there. Although there wasn't a word spoken between us, just having Harry touching me lightly made me feel a lot more comforted. As much as I loved Cal, him being asleep wasn't helping me at all in this situation.

--- Harry's POV ---

I could see Molly was looking really freaked out. I remember Ethan telling me a while ago she was afraid of flying, but I just didn't know how to help.

"A-are y-y-you okay?" I asked her. It was quite clear she wasn't, but there had to be some way for me to break the tension.

"Yes Harry, fucking great." Her answer was a mixture of sarcasm and fear but I didn't mind. Sarcasm was Molly in a nut shell. Besides when we argued, I don't think I ever heard her say a word of sincerity that wasn't joined or followed by a sarcastic comment.

My sight was constantly drawn to her hand which looked like it could've snapped the arm rest off at any moment. The plane lifted off the ground and some how, she clung on to it even tighter than before. I had no words coming to mind so all I could think to do was hold her hand.

No Harry, that's inappropriate.

Okay, I'll just hold it next to her hand.

I moved my hand on the arm rest next to hers. I allowed our pinky fingers to touch and I was expecting her to pull away - but she didn't. I let out a breath and she did too. We sat there for about 10 minutes before the seatbelt sign turned off. I unclipped my belt and called for one of the air hostesses.

"Can I get 4 shots of vodka and 2 cans of lemonade please?" She smiled to me and nodded before walking back into the cabin crew area.

"How can you do 4 shots at this time in the morning?" I heard a quiet voice whisper from beside me.

"I'm not," I replied to her with a smirk, "I'm doing two."

- - - Molly's POV - - -

I had my eyes fully open now and I could see that the lady from before had quickly returned with the 4 shots and the two cans in her hands. Harry had let down his tray for her to place them on, and he was now leaning over to unclip mine too.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, slightly annoyed at the disturbance.

"This is a 6 hour and 40 minute flight," he answered, whist pouring one of the cans into a plastic cup. "I am not letting you be paralysed with fear the whole time. Not only do you look uncomfortable, it's going to be extremely boring for me." He placed two of the shots and one of the cups onto my tray table.

"Harry, I'm not letting go." I stated nodding towards my hands.

"Okay fine," He raised his eyebrows at me, "You wanna be awkward?" He picked up one of the small glasses and held it to my lips. "Open."