2017 Part 1

Jungkook Pov

He wasn't the hyper active kid V that I used to knew anymore, but he became really impressive when it came to work. He overworked himself to get more lines in songs and perfected his moves to a great extent that he even got into the dance line within some months. I even heard from RM that he was working on his own compositions.

Our schedules became so tight that we barely got time to ourselves. As V didn't stay back at dorm, it was extremely difficult to talk to him about anything other than work. We interacted normally, but it was strictly professional. There were times where I would just sit and simply stare at him, that being the only way I could reach him. I contemplated on whether I should confess my feelings for him, but I wasn't even sure if he noticed that we became distant. It felt like I was the only one who missed him and decided not to confess.

Almost five months passed by and we were getting ready to leave for our concert in Hongkong and we met V at the airport, who came directly from his home. As we got into the flight, I saw V and I had seats next to each other and we smiled awkwardly at each other as we sat down. How long had it been being just the two of us?

Thankfully we weren't entirely silent, as we talked about work and he told me how living at home was. He mentioned that he will be moving back to our doom sooner which made me feel a little lighter.

Our meals arrived and we were gulping it down in hunger when he suddenly asked with a hesitant voice. 'So, how are things with your girlfriend?'

I swallowed the dumpling I was having as a whole and choked on my food as I didn't expect him to talk about that. V started laughing and hitting my back to make sure I was alright. He offered me water and I drank feeling embarrassed.

'Umm.. err...actually we broke up' I told him.

'Oh, I'm sorry. Are you okay?' He asked genuinely concerned.

'Yea V hyung. Don't worry about it. It happened months ago.' I told

'what happened?' he asked and I hesitated. Shit, What do I tell?

'Its okay if you don't want to tell' he added.

'No no, its not like that. I just...umm' I was seriously lost for words. I can't tell him the reason. Not now. Our relationship was already too strained.

'I wasn't attracted to her' I told honestly. He looked at me and our eyes met for the first time in a very long time. Damn he could read me, I thought and looked away.

We didn't continue the conversation and started talking about music and other things. I felt happier than I did after long months. I even had weird butterfly feelings in my stomach when we laughed together. But it only lasted till we landed, as V went back to his passionate overworking self, completely ignoring me and the world once again. How do you explain to someone that you are missing them even though you are together 24*7?

******************************************

Taehyung PoV

I was really happy to meet Army at our Hongkong concert and it made me feel happier than I had felt in a long time. I was thankful for the little girl who got me to believe in myself again. I even moved back to the dorm again, as my grandfather went back to look after his strawberry farm.

Also, I didn't have to worry about Jungkook's girlfriend anymore. What a relief! I wondered what happened between them. But I wasn't sure if I still had feelings for him, as it all felt like a past life now. We became distant in the recent times and it had been so long since I even thought about him. But, I noticed Jungkook staring at me at times and getting embarrassed whenever I looked at him. I tried to ignore it for the first few times, but it kept bothering me. Why is he acting weird?

One day I found him making ramen at the kitchen as I walked in.

'Yah Jungkook ah, can you make me one too?' I asked from behind. At the sound of my voice, he dropped the chopsticks that he was holding and turned quickly to face me. He looked embarrassed as he picked up the chopsticks.

'I am sorry. I didn't mean to startle you.' I told him earnestly. He turned back to take another pack of ramen and added it to the pot.

'Jungkook, is something bothering you?' I asked.

'Huh? What?' he asked turning to me.

'No, I mean..umm..is there anything you want to tell me or is there something on your mind?' I asked.

'What? Oh! No, nothing.' Jungkook said a little too fast as he turned away to face the stove instead.

'You know you really are bad at lying, right?' I asked him giggling, but Jungkook didn't smile or look at me. He kept cooking the ramen and I could see he was thinking hard.

I smiled to myself and said. 'Okay fine. Leave it. I will get the bowls ready.'

I turned to leave as Jungkook called out

'V Hyung...umm...actually...errr...can I ask you something' he hesitated. I looked at him waiting for him to speak.

'Umm...Are you upset with me over anything?' he asked.

I thought how upset I was when he was dating Mi cha and honestly I couldn't remember anything after that.

'No Kookie, of course not. Why would you think that?' I asked him my heart beating faster.

'Well, I feel like we have become very distant in the recent times. I am not sure if you noticed' Jungkook said with his eyes on the floor.

'I am right here all the time with you, Jungkook' I said smiling even though I knew what he was talking about.

'Cmon, V hyung, you know that's not what I am talking about' he told and his eyes looked sad.

'Hmm...I don't know what to say Jungkook ah. I know many people have told me that I have changed. But I don't understand why and I am not sure how to go back as well' I told him honestly. He didn't reply and his eyes were fixated on me which made me feel things that I didn't want to feel.

'It's not about you, Kookie. I am just...Right now, I think I just need time for my work and myself.' I told him and I wasn't sure why I was doing that. I just knew I couldn't deal with any complicated emotions, and Jungkook was capable of making me feel.

'Oh, okay. I get it V hyung. It was just bothering me. Anyways I'm glad we talked about it.' He told avoiding my gaze as he took out the bowls and added the cooked ramen. He gave one to me and left to his room with the other. I felt sad as he walked away but I didn't stop him. Moments later my producer called me regarding a solo song I was working on and it completely distracted me, as I went back to my work.

***********************************************

Jungkook Pov

I didn't bother V after that. I didn't want to accept but the truth was I missed him, and he didn't. I am sure he had his reasons, but I still couldn't take it. He didn't reject me, but I still felt rejected. He tried to be extra nice to me the next few days and I tried to be normal as well.

It was time to give up on these feelings and move on Jungkook, I told myself. Even if we never get together, I still wished we would just go back to our trainee days when we were just two careless teenagers who just loved being around with each other.

I kept myself occupied with work as well, as I put in extra time to learn directing and video making. I followed the camera director everywhere hoping to make my own MV someday. But I wasn't like Taehyung. No matter how occupied I was, my eyes never stopped searching for him, and it almost became like a habit now. 

*************************************************