31 | the weird butterflies

Jimin awoke the following day, taking a refreshing shower to prepare for the day. It was the day they had decided to get together. Scrolling through his phone, he walked down the stairs without noticing someone approaching from the front, resulting in a collision that prompted a surprised gasp from him.

"I'm sorry; I wasn't paying atten-" Jimin began to apologize without looking up but halted when he realized who stood in front of him: Jeon Hyunjin. His eyes widened slightly, his heart pounding out of his chest, and his throat suddenly felt dry.

Jeon Hyunjin shot a teasing smirk at Jimin upon recognizing him. "Hey, pretty boy," Hyunjin remarked, eyeing Jimin from top to bottom. Jimin's surprise was an understatement. Did Hyunjin remember him? Jimin hoped it wouldn't be true. Memories of Hyunjin's parting words- "You're lucky today, but don't think I'll forget you. Stay safe"-resurfaced, and he knew alphas were men of their words. Jimin gulped harshly at the thought.

Uncertain of how to proceed, Jimin attempted to walk away, but he found his path blocked by Hyunjin, whose hand rested on the stair railing. "Where are you going, babyboy? I'm talking to you."

Jimin knitted his brows together at the nickname, his fists clenched, and anger coursing through his veins. While working as a bartender in the club, he had encountered many men who used such terms, and he still wasn't accustomed to it. Intrusions into his private life elicited an angry response.

"Excuse me?" Jimin raised a brow at him. "I'm not your babyboy. So, mind your tongue, Mister." He crossed his arms over his chest, scoffing at the older man.

Hyunjin's smirk widened as he leaned closer to the Omega, who wore a clearly irritated expression. "Oh, so you're one feisty omega," he teased, letting out a humorless chuckle, further fueling Jimin's anger. "I like it, babyboy." He winked at him.

Jimin clenched his teeth in frustration. Hyunjin's face still bore that devilish smirk from five years ago. Did he really think he could intimidate me with that dirty expression again? Jimin scoffed at the notion in his head.

"If you call me that one more time, this feisty omega might just kick you where it hurts," Jimin retorted with sass. Dealing with these types of individuals at the club had equipped him with a sharp tongue.

Hyunjin seemed taken aback by Jimin's sassiness, raising an intrigued brow. "That attitude, Park Jimin," he whispered, a smirk finding its way back onto Hyunjin's lips. "You are fun to play with, babyboy. I'm excited to see what else you have up your sleeve."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Move aside. I have work to do instead of standing here and looking at your not-so-handsome face," he said, gesturing with a circular motion in front of Hyunjin's face, who huffed audibly.

"Try me," Hyunjin darkly stared at him, causing a momentary pang of fear in Jimin, but he managed to maintain a stiff expression. "If you think you can move me, go ahead, you little... omega." He laughed teasingly, prompting Jimin to clench his fist again.

"Don't test me, Mr. Jeon Hyunjin," Jimin retorted, silently congratulating himself for not stuttering. "We don't need to resort to pushing when there's another way to go." He walked around Hyunjin, making sure to brush his shoulder against the alpha teasingly. Turning around, he shot a smirk before continuing down the stairs.

Hyunjin was impressed by the omega's defiance. Smirking, he watched Jimin descend the stairs. Subconsciously, he licked his lips. "Well, we can both play this game, babyboy," he whispered to himself.

Taehyung approached the stairs, his eyes lighting up as he spotted Jimin. "Hey, Jiminie!" he called out, a broad smile on his face. However, his gaze shifted as he noticed Hyunjin eyeing Jimin's back with a lingering smirk.