10 | eavesdrop

"I still can't believe that 'big stomach' runs an illegal weapons business. What a liar!"

"Big stomach?"

"Yeah. Didn't you see his stomach popping out through his shirt?"

Taehyung laughs loudly at Jimin's playful remark. They were headed back after getting Yoongi out of jail. Yoongi didn't question why they helped him or how they got him out. He was just thankful to be going home.

Jungkook was driving the car, with Taehyung beside him. Yoongi and Jimin were in the backseat. Yoongi remained silent, while Jimin didn't stop talking for a second.

"Who said he's into that business? He's innocent," Jungkook said, capturing their attention. Taehyung looked confused, as did Jimin.

"What do you mean? You found a pistol inside his pants," Taehyung said, and Jungkook's lips curved into a smirk.

"Actually, I was the one who put that pistol inside his pocket," Jungkook revealed, surprising even Yoongi with his actions.

"Wait, what? When? And we didn't even notice?" Jimin exclaimed, and Jungkook chuckled.

"Exactly! Kook, why did you do that?" Taehyung asked.

"So, what was I supposed to do? I couldn't think of anything. Just forget it and be happy," Jungkook nonchalantly said, earning an eye roll from Taehyung.

"Thanks."

Jungkook heard Yoongi saying thanks and smiled widely. "Mention not!"

Jungkook parked the car in front of Jimin's house. "Tae! Thank you so much for the help."

"It's fine, Jimin. You don't have to thank me. It was my pleasure. And I'm happy that I could be useful to you."

"But still, I don't know how to thank you guys. But I make delicious japchae, and I would like it if you guys join us for dinner. Right, hyung?" Jimin turned to Yoongi, who nodded with a smile.

"Of course! Take it as our way to thank you," Yoongi said, surprising Jimin because he didn't expect such kindness from him after the events of the day.

"Okay," Taehyung said before exchanging a glance with Jungkook and smiling to himself.

Entering the apartment, the couple settled on the couch, while Jimin excused himself to the kitchen to prepare 'Japchae.'

Yoongi sat down across from them. "Well, Jimin is a kid, and I know he shouldn't have bothered you. I'm really sorry you had to do this," he apologized sincerely.

Taehyung frowned, not expecting the apology from the older. "It's fine, hyung! I—I mean, Mister Min."

"Hyung is okay. You are Jimin's friend, so that makes you my friend too."

"Okay, hyung." Taehyung smiled. "By the way, you don't have to be sorry. We wanted to help; that's why we did. Moreover, I wanted to make you believe that I didn't befriend Jimin for a reason."

"I'm sorry for whatever happened that day. I shouldn't have talked like that," Yoongi said, and Jungkook nodded. "You should be!" He spat.