Thinking Out Loud

[A/N: Like "I'm A Mess", pretend that "Thinking Out Loud" was released before "X"] 

 "Cause darling I
Will be loving you till' we're 70
And baby my heart
Can still fall as hard at 23
I'm talking 'bout how 
People fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just a touch of a hand
Well me I fall in love with you everyday And I just wanna tell you that I-"

Holy. Shit.

"Baby, what are you singing along to?" I asked Allie as she was twirling around in her room while her radio was playing in the background.

She immediately stopped singing and dancing to turn to me.

"This is my favorite song, Mommy. It's by a guy named Teddy!" she exclaimed loudly.

Teddy. Ha! If only she knew....well she will soon.

Before I could stop myself, I giggled.

"Is that right?" I asked her, pretending not to know that while walking over to her bed and sitting on it.

"Uh-huh. Mommy, since you're a singer too, have you met him?" Allie asked, coming over to me and sitting in my lap.

I was quiet for a few seconds, "Yes I have, darling."

She yawned, obviously getting tired, "Can I meet him one day too?"

Oh the irony. Instead of answering her, I decided to change the question...slightly.

"I've got a special surprise for you tomorrow, Allie. "

Her eyes grew wide and sat up as she looked at me, "Rweally? What? What!"

I also sat up, "How do you feel about going on a trip to London, with me.... to see your daddy?"

Before a few months ago, she never asked about her father. But now, Allie asks about him; mainly asking why he isn't with us. I usually tell her that he is on a long, long trip in a different country.

She jumped up, off of the bed, and shouted, "Yes! I fwinally get to meet my daddy!" and came over to me and hugged me, "I wanna go wight now!"

And I thought she was tired. Smh. Typical Allie.

I laughed at her excitement, "You just have to wait until tomorrow morning, and then we will go. I promise."

"But I wanna go wight now," Allie whined.

"As soon as you get in your bed and go to sleep, the quicker tomorrow will come."

By hearing that, Allie quickly ran back into bed and got under the covers while I stood up to tuck her in.

"Goodnight, my princess. I love you," I whispered as I brushed her ginger hair back to kiss her forehead.

"I wuv you too, Mommy," she smiled back at me.

I smiled back at her and walked over to the door, turning off the lights.

With one last look at Allie peacefully in her bed, I shut her bedroom door and walked over to my mom's bedroom. It was pretty late, and usually she is getting ready to go to bed at this time.

I found her already lying in her bed, watching the t.v. with the remote in her hand.

She instantly noticed me, "Oh there you are. Is Allie asleep?"

I shook my head, "No, but she's on the way. She's too excited."

"I'm assuming you told her about your trip?" my mom asked.

"Yeah, I did."

My mom nodded and smiled, "I figured she would be."

I just nodded, crossing my arms as I stood in the doorway.

My mom sensed my uneasiness, "Ashley, it will be fine. Trust me. I have a good feeling about this."

I sighed, "I hope so Momma....I already texted Tom to confirm everytging for tomorrow...so everything is set."

I wasn't about to tell her about the conversation I had with Ed. That was.....well, private and I know if I did, she would be asking a bazillion questions, as usual.

"I'm going to hit the hay. Goodnight, Momma."

She smiled at me, "Sweet dreams honey."

I left her room and went to mine, quickly finding my bed and getting under the covers, thinking about the adventures to happen tomorrow.