chapter three ~ alone

~ Hannah

I am laying in bed, wondering what to think.

Brinley and I have been best friends since we were four, when we signed up for our first basketball camp. Now we won't ever play on the same team again. It's been thirteen years of basketball together, and five years of dreaming of going to UCLA to be on the women's basketball team with her. Now I don't know what to think.

As I'm replaying the accident in my head, I start crying. We were only two years away from college.

I know I should be the strong one for her, but crying feels so good right now... Other than the fact that she is not here right now to hold me when I cry.

If one of us is ever crying, all we have to do is immediately call the other one, and we will hold each other and talk for hours on end.

I haven't cried alone in my room in years.

I know she hasn't either, but I also know she is right now.

~ Joey

I'm Joey Anderson. My wife and daughter are the strongest people I know.

But me on the other hand, always a nervous person, just afraid to show it.

but now I'm watching my whole family unravel, being so scared. I know I should probably be the strong one right now, but it's really hard.

Knowing the bills that are coming soon, I don't know how much longer this can last.

I want Brinley to stay strong, but it's so hard, knowing that I don't even think I can.