Chapter 0 = From The Start

It was a silent night...

As silent as it could be but that doesn't factor out the light drizzle of rain from the clouds in the sky, the small pitter patter of noise filled in the silence. Puddles forming in the cracks and diminished parts of the old stone streets as well as on top of the roof of buildings, reflecting the night sky back to itself as if to show off its own beauty.

It wasn't as cloudy as you would think it was, it was enough to reveal the different dark shades of blue in the white speckled night sky. With a silver grey dotted moon that was in half, nearly in the position where it's highest up as it shone like the brightest star in the darkness.

The highest building that stood tall was the clock tower, nearing midnight as it may seem with its floral designs lining the bright circle. A tint of light orange glowed from the circle to let the numbers and arms be seen at night, as the tint gave a feeling of an old building.

But it wasn't all that silent.

"GET THAT TIME STOPPER! DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!"

He panted heavily as he kept running, the trinket about the size of his palm gripped tightly in his hold. A dark raggedy blue cloak covering over his whole body, as if meant to blend in with the night as the hood stayed on to hide his identity.

Under the cloak he wore dark brown trousers with black shoes and a dark grey polo shirt, as well as a black satchel while he held the strap of it in his other hand.

He was tired, his legs ached for a break but he wasn't planning on stopping so soon. I just need a little more time, he thought, I need to get there before my time runs out.

Giving a quick glance at the trinket in his hand, almost... Just give me more bloody time for queens sake! He couldn't help but panic slightly on the inside, feeling his breathing quicken as he tried to calm himself, just need to get there as fast as I can before it's too late.

It got more painful by each passing minute but it would all be worth it in the end, stepping on a couple of puddles on the way causing his cloak to be way more drenched than it already was. His hand that held the trinket felt it vibrate for a moment with a tick as he quickly looked to his left, raising his arms in an X formation as a flash of red came his way.

He felt his body fully get lunged back from force, gasping as his back smashed against a cobblestone wall and fall face down onto the cold stone ground. He coughed roughly as he got on all fours, still gripping the trinket in his hand tightly as small rubble fell on top of him from the huge crashing dent that was made in the wall.

Grey dust drifted away, enough for him to see his attacker unsheathe their blade that showed a light reflection of the moon, yet from his angle he saw himself.

He quickly stood as he gripped the hilt of his own sword and pulled it out in a ready stance.

The attacker was more visible in the moonlight, with a dark red cloak with golden linings that looked to belong to royalty. Yet he knew they were far from royalty.

"Look, how about we make a bargain? You let me go and I'll return the favour by telling you the secrets of them. We both know you want them dead so why not take my word of advice?" He spoke, an upper class accent visible in his voice yet it wasn't heavy, in fact a bit light.

But all he got in return was a dagger nearly grazing his ear as it pinned itself to the wall behind him, a slight jolt would've resulted in a loss of hearing. So he took it as an obvious answer and quickly ran away, surprising the other into thinking they were going to fight as they ran after him.