Preface

Hey readers, and thanks for tuning in! I'll be starting on Headlines & Head Wounds today, writing every day as a part of Camp NaNoWriMo (find out more at https://nanowrimo.org/). I'll be publishing a new story every three days. I'm excited to bring back Rhiannon & Sylvie in this short mystery collection, and to share their exploits with all of you!

Last year, over the course of November, I wrote my first NaNoWriMo project: a mystery novel, upwards of 50,000 words, by the name of Onions & Garlic. I introduced a pair of nontraditional sleuths: Rhiannon Valdez, science nerd and aspiring medical student, and Sylvie Stein, a driven young reporter at the Skybrook Gazette, puzzling out their first investigation.

But there's a lot I missed in Onions & Garlic. Yes, it may have been the first time Rhiannon and Sylvie investigated together... but I kept wondering whether they'd investigated anything apart. Hence, Headlines & Head Wounds.

To be clear, Headlines & Head Wounds is not a prequel to Onions & Garlic. But as it's a short story collection, its mysteries are going to be set at a variety of different dates. With this collection, I wanted to give Rhiannon and Sylvie an opportunity to prove their abilities independently- and give us all a reason to become better observers.

As this will be my first short mystery collection, I'm open to any reader feedback. Feel free to star, suggest, and theorize in the comments as much as you'd like. So that I can get a general idea of how many people are reading Onions & Garlic, please log into Wattpad or make an account (it's simple and it supports writers) in order to be tracked as a reader. You can also join the Autumn Lin Writing Discord server (there's a link in my profile) for exclusive sneak peeks. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the journey!