Prologue

It's Sunday morning 6am
Your mom is knocking on your door trying to get you to wake up. She needs you be up bright and early for church
y/n: IM UP MOM! i'm up.
mom: ok, get ready now we need to get to our new church.
y/n's pov
(for context we had just moved and now we have to go to a new church with new people i'm not gonna like)
I get up and put my messy brown hair into a cute pony tail and then i put on my Sunday best.
* 30 minutes later *
We arrive at church, and it looks weird, weirder than usual.
y/n: ITS CALLED THE CHURCH OF BAPTIST DONKEYS
mom: be respectful y/n, it was god's will for it to be named that. You respect god don't you.
y/n: of course mom, it's just weird.
mom: good sweetie, sooner or later it'll be normal for you.
We walk in and look around at the people inside.
THERES A DONKEY, A TALKING GINGERBREAD MAN, A CAT WEARING BOOTS, LORD FARQUAAD, TOM HOLLAND, LUKE HEMMINGS.
and then there's HIM.
high priestess shrek.
He turns around and tells my mother and I to sit down, but I can't stop staring at him.
High Priestess Shrek: hello, hello. I haven't seen you guys at our church before but i'm happy you're here. Amen
mom: nice to meet you in the name of jesus.
y/n: uhh umm nice to meet you.
High Priest Shrek: I can tell you're shy but don't be, we're accepting here. We don't see many teens that still believe in the power of jesus these days.
He looked at me with commanding but soft eyes. Then he started the service.
The whole time I stared at him, I had never been so interested in church before.
At the end of the service I spoke to my mom
y/n: hey mom, can we go to church every sunday.
mom: of course sweetie, i'm so happy but why the sudden interest.
y/n: oh i just love this church and jesus.