Prologue

It was coming down pretty hard which is pretty rare being that it's Melbourne. Usually I don't mind the rain. Especially since we don't get it a lot here. I find it calming. I liked feeling the warmth of the rain fall onto my skin. But today I just wasn't having it, there was so much in my life that has gone wrong in just one day that even the rain couldn't help. I was completely drenched and freezing cold and my clothes sticking to me just made me much more uncomfortable.

I don't come to downtown often, so I didn't really know my way around here. I know where some of the food places are but that's pretty much it. All I knew now was that I needed to get inside. I walked quickly down the streets until I found a small shop in which the there was a sign in the window that said open. I pushed the door and ran inside, the store was almost completely silent. The only thing I could hear was muffled noises of an old indie record being played at the back of the shop. Once inside I observed my surroundings. I was standing on a maroon patterned rug, the rest of the store was tiled. There was a counter that was slightly higher than the surrounding ground. Behind the counter was a girl. She had wavy light brown hair. She was looking down at something under the counter before she looked up and smiled at me with her tinted pink lips. I was met with dark piercing green eyes. She had perfect clear olive skin but flushed cheeks. Behind the counter there was a few records, the Beatles, Nirvana, Oasis, nine inch nails , everything. To my left were a few CD's , there was Red Hot chilli peppers, greenday, Coldplay, foo fighters, muse, blink 182, panic! at the disco, Arctic Monkeys and even U2. I looked behind me and saw a few classical record players.

I was in The Record Store