~brofriend~

requested: Nope
Headcanons: Autistic Taka, ADHD + dyslexia Mondo
Angst or fluff: Fluffish with a Angsty ending
Ship: Ishimondo
WARNINGS: Spoilers, mentions of d34th, slight internalized sexism(?).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a surprise to the students of Hopes Peak when Mondo Owada, a feared gang leader, and Kiyotaka Ishimaru, a hated hall monitor, became 'bros'.

They both were very open about their neurodivergency, some more than the other.

Mondo never really spoke about it, but if you had questions about ADHD, or dyslexia, he would answer.

Kiyotaka on the other hand, made a neurodivergency club in Hopes Peak, for other people like him. Some of the members only came cause they were bored, others wanted to share experiences or whatever their hyperfixtation is at the moment. 

Both Chihiro and Chaiki love to converse about computers and games every now and then. Gundham and Sonia both adore the dark arts. Maki, Peko, Mukuro, and Fuyuhiko like to sometimes speak about weapons and debate about the most useful guns. It was a great club with many members! Sometimes they would make powerpoints about their hyperfixtations, they all enjoyed those days. Especially when Chihiro would demonstrate making your own transition to the next slide.

It was not compulsory to arrive every Monday, because Kiyotaka understands some might have a overwhelming day and need to cool down, or they simply forgotten. It never would scold them for something they cannot control, heck, Mondo has to be a co-runner of the club incase he is too hyperfixtated on his homework!

Club aside, both Mondo and Kiyotaka are like peas on a pod, you can never find one without the other. Mondo even did Hall Monitoring duty once just so he and Kiyotaka could converse more... and so he could understand what Kiyotaka is talking about when he infodumps about the rules and strategies of hall monitoring. Mondo learnt that hall monitoring is much harder than one would guess, and also how to hide easier whilst skipping. Leon, Kazuichi and Fuyuhiko all teased him during hall monitoring.

Although...

Life isnt always happiness and picnic dates.

Especially when you get trapped in a killing game, loosing all memory of the 2 years you spent bonding with one another. The 2 years you spent getting a diagnosis along with your bro, and eventually your boyfriend, having picnic dates and holding hands secretly in the hallway, all of that is thrown away.

Now both Kiyotaka and Mondo awake in their respective classrooms, being informed to head to the main hall for further instructions. Of course, their personalities clash, almost mocking how lovey-dovey they were just a couple days ago. But of course they don't remember that. 

Then the sauna came along. Many students theorize on what could have happened there. Some people couldn't care less, like Kyoko and Byakuya. Others immediately resorted to assuming they did something dirty, like Hifumi or Toko. 

But was happened there was something much more wholesome. They opened up to each other about their pasts, cried for each other. Eventually talking about school and how hard it is for the both of them. Mondo struggles paying attention, he needs to click his pen, or bob his knee. Kiyotaka finds loud environments overwhelming despite him shouting most the time. Hence why he loves the stay quiet during class rule. He also is seen as a 'picky eater' when in reality, the stuff he dosen't like could cause him to throw up.