-hopes peak orphanage-

Child Kiyotaka? Yes.

---------------------------------------

Hopes Peak orphanage was an odd place, they took care of only the most hectic kids, the ones deemed 'a lost cause'.

Like Toko Fukawa and Syo Fukawa, given away by their mothers at ages ten because they happen to share a body together. Especially with Syo's odd way of thinking.

Another example is poor Kiyotaka Ishimaru. Born into a rich and loving family, but then his grandfather ruined it when Kiyotaka was four. His mother died a year later, being unable to afford the medical bills she needed. The same year his grandfather committed suicide, not wanting to deal with his mess. All the dept was left to his father. His father couldn't care for Kiyotaka anymore, and sent him to Hopes Peak at age six, promising one day he will come back.

Then there's Mondo Oowada, at age eight his brother (his only living relative) died in a accident,  and was sent here. Mondo somehow blames himself still for not stopping him.

Even the kindest kids, like Aoi Asahina, she was found on the streets at age seven, nobody knows why she was there, she didn't remember much. Even Makoto Naegi, with a sister and two loving parents was given up at age twelve, because he was 'rebellious' to the way they raised him.

The people who raise them are very odd, but loving in their own ways, like Kuma, who aggressively shows his love, and sometimes helps the kids in their pranks. And there's Mi, who is like the loving mother they never had, and always put Kuma in his place. 

Now all the kids live together, not exactly in harmony, but nobodies killed each other yet.

"Give m-me my b-book back!" Toko whined as the thirteen year old Byakuya (who was given up by his parents for 'being a disgrace') held the book above her head, just so she couldn't reach it. "Why should I? Its not like you can read a book this complex. Leave the big books for the bigger kids." Byakuya snickers.

"W-well, I will t-tell Miss Mi-Mi! And I can r-read the book j-just fine!" Toko retorts. "Ah yes, go cry to mother over being unable to read Harry Potter because you happen to be short." Byakuya sneers, clearly unconvinced about the threat to telling Mi. "F-Fine! If you d-don't give me my book back I-I'll tell K-Kuma!" Toko threatens.

"T-Tch.. Take the stupid book..." Byakuya grumbles and reluctantly gives the book. A lesser known fact about less-than-little Byakuya, is that he has a fear of Kuma, mainly because of Kumas scary aura and how he speaks to the kids.

"I heard my name! Wassup Tokooo?" Kuma tilts his head so far to the right any child would think its falling off. "N-Nothing Kuma! I-Its all o-okay now!" Toko responds, freaked out by how far Kumas head is tilting.

"If ya say so! Anywaysss, KIYOTAKA! Can you clear the table for dinner pretty pleaseee?" Kuma yells, suddenly facing the quiet Kiyotaka, who is sitting on a bean bag char by a bookshelf with his head stuck in a book, upon closer inspection it is the 'What If Its Us'. Though Kiyotaka perks his head up at the sound of his name.

"Okay Ku! I do best!" Kiyotaka responds, missing some words in his sentence. It is a well known fact that Kiyotaka struggles with forming proper sentences, especially seeing how he hardily spoke when he first came here, only able to say basic things. So he is doing much better when it comes to speaking. 

Kiyotaka scurries over to the kitchen, grabs a stool and climbs on it. Then he proceeds to climb up to the cupboards and grab some plastic, colorful plates. (Mi and Kuma decided the children cannot be trusted with glass plates after Mondo, Leon, Yasuhiro, and Toko kept breaking them on accident)