Content

The pink gleam in the sky above and the breeze flying through the air, made life feel like something magical. Like nothing in the world could go wrong, the streets were near empty, barely any noise. It made the world seem so perfect and something like you would see within a dream.

 With the way the pink colour from the sky reflected perfectly on the river water and the way the moon was appearing in the sky, bringing another sort of colour to the world, the sun was leaving and the sky was becoming darker within seconds. 

Darkness was something that I have never been scared off, there was no reason to be scared when you have nothing to begin with. 

Pushing my thoughts to the back of my mind and taking my eyes off the sight infront of me, turning around to face my safe place. 

The place that is filled with stacks of stories, stories that make you want to live, want to find love and find another world, a world more suited than the one that was laid out for you. I have always said that we have choices for our actions, we can choose to do something and how that impacts us and others around us. However, we can't choose the consequences that come with it, the actions may change portions within our lives but the consequences are the things that change everything and its harder since you have no control over what they are and you can't take anything back. 

I should know, I've learnt the hard way. 

Opening the door to the book store, the sound of the bell chiming in my ears brings me joy since I know right now I can escape and go to a different world. As i'm walking into the store there is a man, he looks about forty years old, he has light brown hair that is styled back into a bun, dressed in a white button up shirt and black trousers. he looks like someone I used to know, someone I used to be close to, but its impossible it can't be, that person is gone and it is all my fault. 

Once I realise i'm staring at him I try to take my eyes of his bright blue ones but I can't its like something is stopping me from moving and before I know it he is staring right back at me. 

It looks like he is trying to read my expression from the way he is staring so profusely into my eyes.

"Lily!" The man speaks, his voice is soft, something you would find beauty within. 

Lily?

The man raises his hand and starts to wave in my direction, but as soon as I feel a presence right behind me my head turns around, standing behind me is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life, wearing a white flowery dress with some lace embroded on the top half, and these hazel coloured eyes, blonde hair running down her back in a perfect pattern. 

What is it with everyone today looking like angels whilst i'm out here looking like shit? how is that fair? 

Before I know it I move out of the spot I am standing in to allow the girl to walk past, she was right behind me, If I hadn't moved she would have walked straight into me, but she didn't even acknowledge me. 

what's up with that?

 As she walks over to the man waiting for her, his face lights up with a smile that spreads across his entire face and it brings a smile to mine, making me wish I can find someone who makes me smile and feel so safe by just looking at them. As they start to walk further into the store thoughts start to cross my mind. 

If she was standing right behind me, how did the man see her? 

The bell didn't go off when she walked through the door like it did when I walked in.