Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Bailey played a few more games with the Islanders to finish off the season. They ended up in second place in the division, only one point away from the Washington Capitals. The first game of the playoffs were up tomorrow; Bailey was with the team getting ready for game 1 out of 7 with the Boston Bruins. She was training at the gym with some of the guys. Before they left, Olly stopped Bailey.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked.

"Yeah," Bailey said. "What's up?"

Mat noticed her and Olly talking, so he sat in the gym lobby waiting for Bailey.

"I-" Olly stopped. "Bailey, I still have feelings for you,"

"Olly,"

"I know we can't date or anything, but I can't stand that we're not even friends or anything," Olly said. "We've kinda been ignoring each other,"

"Sorry," Bailey said.

"It's not your fault, it's mine," Olly told her. "Bailey, I'd do anything to get that night back,"

"Olly, we-"

"Can't, I know," Olly said. "I can't stand the fact that there's something keeping us apart,"

"I know," Bailey said, redirecting her eyes from the floor to his face. "I know,"

They both felt the tension between them.

"It kills me that I can't kiss you right now," Olly said.

Bailey's heart skipped a beat. They both let out a deep breath and went their separate ways. Bailey met up with Mat.

"What was that about?" Mat asked.

"Nothing," Bailey said. "Just some hockey stuff, it's not important,"

"Okay," Mat said. "Where do you want to go for lunch?"

"We can make some chicken at home," Bailey said.

"Okay," Mat said. "We have to go food shopping, though, wanna go?"

"Sure," Bailey said.

They went to the grocery store and picked up a bunch of things for the week.

"Chicken wings?" Mat asked.

"Like usual," Bailey smiled. "We need some barbeque sauce too,"

"I'll get the chicken, you can get the sauce," Mat said.

"And lettuce, tomatoes, and onions," Bailey said.

"The hell we need that for?" Mat asked.

"Salad," Bailey said. "You're gonna eat it,"

"Really?" Mat asked.

"You're such a baby, Barzy," Bailey laughed. "You're gonna eat the salad, the salad isn't gonna eat you,"

"Are you sure?" Mat asked, playing along. "The salad here looks pretty evil to me,"

Bailey laughed, then went to go pick up the things for the salad as well as dressing and barbeque sauce.

Bailey came back with a handful of groceries and dumped them in the cart.

"That's a lot of stuff, Bails," Mat said.

"We gotta eat up to get ready for the playoffs," Bailey said.

"Are you excited?" Mat asked.

"More than ever!" Bailey said.