2. Ryan's head is not really in the game

Ryan almost jumped as he looked up, seeing a not too familiar face smiling at him.
A brown skinned boy with an afro and a confident look was staring back at him.
"O-oh. Hi Chad."
Ryan had seen Chad a couple of times, whether it was in the fiew classes they shared, walking around the hallways of East High or on one of the gigantographies of the basketball team the school had casually hanging around for no apparent reason.
Of course it wasn't so easy not noticing him, as he was the co captain of the famous basketball team and a jock and some kind of a troublemaker in Ms. Darbuses class.

"Let's get you out of this hell hole."

Chad said as he grabbed the skinnier boy's wrist and hurried up out of the room, pushing everyone he encountered aside.
Ryan was breathing as heavily and as fast as humanly possible and it didn't go unnoticed by Chad, who was familiar with panic attacks because of his older sister who had anxiety.

They were now around the corner, protected from the view of some random Wildcat by a wall.
Ryan slowly pulled himself together, but was still in awful conditions even after his breathing had slowed.
Chad noticed that the blonde was gripping his pants tightly, in an effort to keep them from falling as they were like- two sizes too big for him.

"Dude, those pants are HUGE on you!"
Chad chuckled, while Ryan didn't have the courage to neither look the brunette in the eyes nor to respond to his comment. He just nodded and kept his eyes on the ground, as Chad fumbled around in his pocket, pulling out a big safety pin.
Chad put his hands on Ryan's shoulders and spinned him around so that he was facing his back. The dark skinned boy lifted the other's jersey from the back which sent Ryan shivers down his spine. Was he about to get.. molested by this guy? He was so tense he could have sworn one of his muscles could snap like a guitar string one second or another.

Chad pulled Ryan's pants and secured the safety pin on the waist of them.
He patted Ryan's shoulder as a sign that he could turn back around and, as the blonde boy, sweaty and crimson red, was finally looking into his eyes he said:
"Its a trick I have up my sleeve, it used to happen to me a lot when I first started playing."

God Ryan was so godamn relieved. He was still shaking and still sweaty and still blushing an abnormal amount, but at least he now knew Chad didn't want to do anything bad to him.

Chad furrowed his eyebrows as he stared the other up and down.
"Dude, you don't look ok."
Chad suddenly turned around, making his hair bounce in a way that made Ryan creep up a small smile on his face. 'Evans. No. -He thought to himself- 'we are NOT gonna fall for another straight guy.' Oh he was so wrong in so many ways.

Chad brought an hand to the side of his mouth and shouted across the basement hallway:
"Coah Bolton! I'm gonna take Ryan to the nurse's office, he doesn't feel well!"

Coach Bolton, who had been furiously scribbling onto a piece of paper that looked like it had been folded for a thousand times, raised his head towards the voice that was calling him and shouted back:
"Ok son! Hurry up or you're gonna miss practice!"

Chad took Ryan's incredibly, oh so sweaty hand and began walking away from the gym.