Chapter Six- Search For The Seeker

A new day had dawned since Caretaker had left the home for the last time. They were back at their own residence in the epicenter of Kaon. It was a bad area for a young bot to live, but it was all they could afford at the time, for Blore paid them almost nothing.

They lived alone, which wasn't too bad when you put things into perspective. Their neighbors were loud and partied a lot, so that might have compensated for the normal ruckus caused by a room mate.

Their home was very plain, which again was due to the matter of money. All they had on their walls in terms of decoration were group photographs of the children at the home, a good amount of them weren't at the home anymore, but she still kept them around.

The bots that had built the home made a tradition to take a picture of all the younglings together every month, to see how many had left in that span of time. The tradition still stood. Of course, Caretaker did not put every picture taken on the walls, but a lot of them were up there.

They took note that the blue seeker was in a good amount of the pictures, in different stages of her life. There was even one of a retired caretaker with the seeker as a sparkling tucked in her arms.

Beside the photos, they had framed the certificate they were given when they became a caretaker, one of their prized possessions.

Maybe taking the blue seeker in would be good for them, they wouldn't be so lonely anymore. And getting a new job somewhere else would mean that they could possibly leave Kaon one day.

They arose from their berth, a groggy exhaustion still buzzing about in their processor. They had stayed up a good amount of the night formulating a plan to find the blue seeker and figuring out exactly what had happened at the arena.

Caretaker would return to the battle grounds, which was a short walk away from their home, and search for the youngling.

Word had gotten to them in the night that medical personal had been sent to the arena to help anyone who was injured during the shooting. Or that's what their neighbor, Mr. Rustern, had said, and they were unsure that they could trust him.

If the blue seeker wasn't there, they would ask the medics if they had seen her. If they did, they would ask where she had gone, if not, they were at a loss.

They knew deep down that if the seeker wasn't there, she could have been taken by those crazy mechs. Or worse, she could have been black bagged by the council.

Caretaker pushed the negative thoughts to their mind again, negativity wouldn't solve their problems and fear would make them worse.

They left their mundane little room and walked into the hall, which was the same as empty as their room with the exception of some photographs. The house only consisted of one hall with three doors on either side and the exit door on the very end. Most of the rooms they never used and it made them feel claustrophobic.

They walked down the hall, hardly making a sound as they did so. They went the front door, opening it and stepping out. Cybertron's double suns were barely over the horizon, it was early still.

Hardly anybot was out. A few early birds on their way to their designated places of work were the only sparks they saw. There were a few bots outside of residential buildings talking to one another, probably about the horrible place in which they lived.

They walked down the street, passing by the other bots as they went. They chose to ignore the comments that they made as they passed.

Caretaker tried to make their way quickly to the arena, but halted when they almost tripped over some poor bots arm. He was laying on the ground, facing the sky.