Chapter 3

After we left, we've been trying to find a place to stay at which we decided to stay at the mall/shopping center. After we've made it there, I wasn't any special doctor but I did know how to bandage up, it's been maybe an hour since Arisu went to look for something, I've gathered around some basic food that we could easily cook without the power/electricity, but on my way if chosen a few clothes since I definitely needed a change of clothes since my hoodie is most likely burnt, as we were looking for a specific place in the empty mall which I found unusual, we came across "FURNITURE AND INTERIOR GOODS FLOOR", as we sat on the beds, Chota spoke, "I knew it was no good... All the IC chips have been destroyed, video cameras, digital cameras" as he was speaking I looked at the objects scattered across the bed he was sitting on, as he continued and I listened, "Anything that operates via an electronic circuit board, won't function at all." as he picked up a radio inspecting it, "But things like this work, huh? Since they don't have IC chips installed." my curiosity got over it, but Arisu asked before me, "What does that mean?" Chota mumbled as he looked up from the radio, "Maybe... It might have been an electromagnetic pulse attack. I've read about this on the Internet, when fired into the stratosphere, it's a weapon capable destroying the electronics in an entire city" I listened in actually interested, as my eyes widened slightly of all the types of words I could've came across but never bothered, "Wait really? So you're saying, it was an electromagnetic pulse attack?" I questioned as Arisu asked "Seriously?" as Chota nodded to both of the questions. Arisu lifted his phone up, the white screen reflecting off his face, "So why is this still operating?" and Chota replied "I have no idea..." Arisu then looked back at his phone before speaking, "What..?" the white light that reflected turned into a black one while loading, I got up since i was sitting on the foor between them, and went over to Arisu glancing into his phone, he repeatedly tried tapping it as if something was going to work, he glanced over at Chota that gave him a gentle/small shrug as I didn't speak but you could tell from the look on my face I was confused, "It's useless if we can't charge it, huh?" and he tossed the phone onto the table in front. I yawned and stretched as I spoke quietly, "Wake me up when Karube and the other girl comes back..." and from then I dosed off not hearing a reply, honestly I couldn't care less for the reason I'll wake up either ways, It's not like I'll die.

It seemed like five/5 minutes have passed, but really it has been much longer, maybe around two hours when Chota came in, still using the crutch to walk, as he shook me gently "Y/n, wake up..." he said in no less then a whisper, but I heard him of course I just didn't want to wake up, "food is ready" he spoke normally now but I recognized the voice not as Chota's but as Karube's, I immediately woke up and spoke still tired, "You better not be lying cause I'm hungry and if you are I swear I will eat you instead" she glared at him, as he just chuckled and left, as I and Chota went there. The food was already made, just as Karube said, it was nice and hot, just someone took those words out of my mouth "Nice and hot!", as one of them stated which I wasn't bothered to look who it was, "We haven't eaten since yesterday" then the lady I think her name was Shibiku... Shibuki... I think the second one, yeah Shibuku she then spoke saying "What were the four of you doing? When everyone disappeared, I mean." I was about to say something, well i begun but got cut off, normal "We were in a restroom, We were talking in the same cubicle" he didn't really have to mention it, but okay, "I don't really understand what's going on" spoke the woman as it was Karube's turn to speak, "What about you?", the woman looked as if she did something she regretted, "Work" she spoke simply "I was inside the meeting room organizing the work materials. And then everyone disappeared from the office." I spoke then, since I barely have since I woke up, "Did you see or hear anything? Something unusual?" the girl shook her head, "I don't remember, I arrived at this place three days ago and I was made to join a game out of somewhere, like everyone else... Everyone died except for me." I knew where this would go, and I was right again, as Karube spoke "You used them all as a bait" then the girl replied blankly, "Say whatever you want. I just... I just wanted to survive" Surprisingly Karube said nothing sarcastic, mean or mean, Arisu spoke then, "What game was it?" and then once upon a time.... "I was at a subway station, It was a game where they used poison gas. Everyone was vommiting blodd.." and that right there sent shivers down my spine, I'll curse myself out more, if I keep doing this, "Blood was flowing out of their eyes." Arisu started to speak once again, "Isn't it strange? When everyone disappeared from this world. It was yesterday for the four of us, right?" There was a nod from my side and a "Yes" until Arisu continued, "But it was three days ago for Shibuki. Why at different times?" "Honestly that's a good point" as I spoke, and Karube after me, "You're right" then Arisu continued "And even the vegetables were rotten... It was only a few days since everyone disappeared, What could be the reason?" Once again Shibuki spoke "Maybe the time passes, is different from normal" Arisu questioned as she replied, shaking her head slightly "I don't really know, but even among us, the time when people disappeared is  different, right?" then Chota said said something that made me giggle, "Did we time travel while we were in the restroom?" and for the rest of the conversation I didn't listen, I got up thanked them and left, heading to a book store, as I entered I saw they have one of my favorite books, I went over and took it off a shelf, inspecting the cover of the books, flipping the first few pages of it, as I took it and grabbed one of my favorite snacks, now heading to where I was supposed to sleep. I woke up, it was definitely late due to the dark sky, as I left deciding to go for something to drink since I never thought of bringing a bottle of water, as I left I heard someone mention Arisu's name, that's when I stopped to listen, I supposed it was Karube's voice that spoke next but I couldn't tell I was to tired, "Let's join the game tomorrow night just the two of us-" he got cut off, as I no way in hell letting them go by their selves, "Three, learn to count..." but they ignored me as Arisu spoke "What? But we still have three days , left on our visas", they kept saying  hoe they should join for the skills, and for the reason to find a doctor, "I'm tagging along, where you like it or not" and in that way they didn't have anything to say, they had to take me technically.

Buildings started to light up, there was one specific building we entered, as I stopped to count the floors, seven, there was seven floors, Karube, Arisu and I entered the building, as we entered the building there was a table saying "1 per person"  as I picked up the phone, doing the whole entire facial recognition part, there was maybe 13 people in there, as the time was counting down from when the game will start, a specific Blondie caught my eye, he was charging something that I wasn't bothered trying to make out what it is, I was curious how could he be so... calm? I guess, I shook it off as I looked around at the participants, then the phone spoke up again, "Registration has closed, There are a total of 13 participants. The game will now commence."  Then a bot with a cap and a shirt walked up to us and spoke politely, "Excuse me, Just what is this? I ended up here, I have no idea what's going on" Arisu spoke up "It's a game" which made Karube react "Stop it, Beginners will only get in our way, It doesn't feel great, but it might be a good idea to act like Shibuki did" Okay it may be a good idea but we could've at least told him what's going on, then the voice from everyone's phone was heard "Difficulty, Five of Spades"  A girl behind us started to stretch, as karube questioned "Five of Spades?" and somebody with no problem replied, "It's a physical game, Strength is everything here." and then he introduced himself, "I'm Nitobe. Nice to meet you" As I just got to say my name "I'm Y/n-" and got cut off by Arisu speaking, "Each mark has a different meaning?" Nitobe nearly immediately replied, "Exactly!" Arisu and Nitobe shook hands as he kept talking, "The mark on a trump card signifies the game's genre. Club refers to a team battle, and Diamond refers to a battle of wits. As for Hearts... It's the most troublesome one." Arisu repeated the word as if he didn't hear it "Troublesome?" Nitobe continued, "It's a game of betrayal where you play with people's hearts." as Arisu was gonna ask I interuppted, "What about the numbers?" Nitobe looked between the three of us, "The difficulty level, the larger number, the harder it is to clear. The voice from the phone's spoke once again "Game: "A Game Of Tag", Rule: Run Away From The Tagger"  Questions such as "What?" or "A Game Of Tag?" were heard as Arisu asked "Who's the tagger?" I simply shrugged as Karube replied, "How should I know?" and the phone spoke again "Clear condition: Find the safe zone, find the room in the building within the time limit, the game will be cleared when this objective is fulfilled, time limit 20 minutes, after 20 minutes have passed, the time bomb hidden in the building will explode" we have walked up the stairs, as Nitobe following after us, "Two minutes until the game starts" the voice in the phone spoke as I said at the same time with someone, "Stop following us" and he replied with "I'm trying to gauge you guys, maybe the three of you are suitable to be my allies" I immediately shook my head repeatedly, "thank you but no" and whispering the last part to myself which was "I swear I will get the tagger to get you..." I found out he's a real estate agent, he's played these games five times, other wise we've been just walking around. After two minutes the phone announced "The game will now commence, The time limit is 20 minutes. Game Start, the tagger is on the move"  Arisu suggested to look for an unlocked door, which wasn't a bad idea but that would take more than twenty minutes to search seven floors. So from then we've been searching, until a dead body rolled down the stairs, as we peeked through, there was a person in a horse mask and a gun, we looked at it for too long that it noticed us and started shooting, luckily non of us got injured, we ran down two floors while Nitobe ran further down Arisu grabbed me and Karube, and we ran to a spot, this time we didn't get caught. After we tried to find a solution we thought the tagger saw us as Arisu peeked over and mumbled "The tagger didn't see us... His field of vision is narrowed due to the mask!" I loved them both, but I do not wanna die so I ran off looking for the safe door, on the seventh floor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, yes I skipped a day of uploading buttttt, Idk I just had a test out of biology plus my head hurts, Ya'll how often do you want me to upload, I'm going on spring break so that's good, anyways goodbye! Chishiya did appear here but he'll appear more in the next one, this one was kinda an introduction I guess??