Haunted | N°1

A/N

Here is the first chapter, I hope you like it. Maybe it is a bit boring, but I promise that the next chapters are better.
You should have read the Prologue to understand the story before you proceed reading the first chapter.
I would also really appreciate it, if you could comment and let me know what you think. Of course only if you want to. And if you like it, then vote. :)

The tires squeak as I want to park the car in front of Joys house. The car flings off the street and I almost tilt over into the trench, that extends to my right and left. I am a bad driver, though I already have my driving licence since three months and parking never belonged to my strengths.

I still finally manage to stop the car.

Darkness and silence surround me, as soon as I switch the headlights and the engine off. I become goosebumps though I have no reason. I swallow heavily, breathe in and then open the door. Fresh, cold air streams into the car. I swing one leg out of the car and then my whole body, closing the door with an massive noise behind me and locking the car. I hear the sound of the slamming door echoing somewhere. I put the ignition key into the pocket of my black leather jacket.

I hesitate, look around me, try to see something through the thick fog that surrounds me.

The forest with the huge pine trees around the house looks threatening. No wonder that Joy is one of the last people living next to or in the forest. At least that is what people told me.
The first thing people told me when I moved to Bridgewood. I should never ever go into the woods, whether alone nor with friends, but they didn't give me an explanation, why. And to be honest I didn't ask, either.

As if I would go into the forest. I have an small apartment in town, so I didn't really get bored until now, because I have all the events around me, though many teenagers of my age, do. Maybe it is just a matter of time. Though with events I just mean pool parties or sales at the small shopping centre. Besides I have to study for university (that is the actual reason why I moved into this wasteland), but that isn't something my new friends, for example, would bother with.

Bridgewood is the kind of tiny and rainy town you see in films. Nothing ever happens here, after their opinion.

Still - though I somehow like the life here, I can't wait until the five years I have to study, are over and I can finally work and move away, somewhere to America.

The probably biggest event this year is a Halloween party, which is organized by Joy, my new best friend. It isn't something big, just a small circuit party of six people, but I had the luck to get invited.

And here I am, too craven to walk to the door and ring the bell. I gather myself up and force my frozen muscles to move.

My hands are ice cold and shiver. I am so nervous. I can feel each of my heartbeats and my blood pulsing through every body part.

I walk the tiny hill to Joys house up - and ring. I hear the shrill melodie of the bell and then somebody running down the stairs. I suppose it's Joy.

Just two seconds later she opens the door with a bright smile on her face and asks me in. The house is nicely decorated instead of scary, though it's the 31 of October; Halloween. There are some garlands hanging from one side of the anteroom to the other. A few flying bats are fixed on the door frames and the walls have plastic spider nets on them.

Joy isn't costumed and neither am I. She told me and the other guests not to come dressed up as a creature or a witch, because we aren't going to go" trick or treat". She said we are just going to sit, eat, drink and tell each other spooky stories.