Haunted | N°6

A/N
Hope you like it. Sorry you had to wait so long for the new chapter, I just ran out of ideas.

Vote, comment, follow!

Intuitively I open my eyes and am wide awake. I am leaning against a wall, my head on my right shoulder. Wasn't I supposed to be dead? Light is blinding me and I shut both eyes quickly again before I squint through some tiny gaps and throw a view through the room. I am still in the tiny room I was before, but now all I know is that I feel surprisingly fresh as if I would be newborn. Or reborn. Maybe I am. Maybe I was dead or am dead or I was reborn again. I don't think my suggestions are right because I am still in this awful room although the cold has been banished a bit.
I don't feel like in an fridge anymore.
I breathe in the wonderful air, our life source and feel how it gives me new energy. I haven't got any aches at all. At least for the moment. Suddenly I clip and reach to my back, to my combustion. But there isn't any. Not at all. I touch my skin, form small circles with my fingers on it. Smooth and soft as always. No nothing. No blood, no skin shreds, nothing. I swallow and realize that my hands are also free. I haven't got handcuffs around my wrists. As I also see why the cold is gone, fear overcomes me. I am wearing my normal clothes again, the ones I came to Joy. Jeans and my t-shirt. Not the one that was fully damaged, the clean one. Where is the white dress I have been wearing? I touch my hair. It is fully clean. No dust, no blood, no mud. It's like somebody would've washed me during my sleep. I look to my legs. No signs that snakes would have bitten me. The only thing that really is there in the corner is the blood I've vomited a couple of time ago but apart from that I am like new but I am also confused. Was everything just imagination? Did nothing happen? Didn't the house burn down? Hope sparkles in me. But how did I get here then? It is as if nothing ever happened. But where are my friends then? Ryan, Josh, Joy, Keira and - and Tyler? Where? And how long have I been here? Days? Weeks? Months? Maybe years?
In the next moment I recognize that the door that had been locked is now fully open and fills the room with sunlight. I have problems with getting air normally and am just so happy. I want to head towards the door but then I ask myself if it isn't just a trap. Why would somebody lock you in here and then let you go that easy? That is nonsense. But the opened door is very tentative especially now where I am starving and thirsty.
'What if it's a trap?', the thinking voice in my head asks me. Now I am hesitating. But otherwise if I don't go, I'll never know. And I can't stay here forever. I will have to go out sometime.
I take all my courage together and stand up. My knees are shivering but I hold myself up straight with my arm against the wall. Carefully I palpate myself towards the opened door along the walls. They are cold and make my hands flinch as I touch them. But I have no choice I have to hold myself on the walls otherwise I'll collapse because I am so weak.
I have nearly reached the opened door and blink to be sure that this is really happening. That I am really free. But there is no doubt. It is not imagination. On the other hand that's what I also thought about the snakes and the wounds and - and everything. I stretch my hand out. My hand dives into the sparkling light and I am free...

Screaming I wake up in my bed, my heart beating fast and loud. The room is dark and I am laying in my warm bed. It takes a while until I understand what happened. Almost nothing was real. It was just a dream. Everything except for the Halloween party. That event really did happen but the house didn't burn down. And my little sister really got kidnapped but I doubt it that she got killed in that way. I close my eyes and swallow. My throat is hurting and burning. I reach for the lamp next to my bed and turn it on. The room gets lightened up and am so relieved that almost nothing did happen. Almost. The clock on the wall in front of me points 6 o'clock a.m. Exactly the time to get up. I breathe in again and swing myself out of my bed. Standing on my own feet makes the shock of the so real dream pass away a bit. I tiptoe to the bathroom through my little apartment and turn the water on. For a short time I watch it flowing before I fold my hands to a bowl and splash it into my face to wake up. Then I reach for a towel and dry my face while turning the water off again. I now feel much better. A look into the mirror although tells me that I look terrible. I shake my head and start getting myself ready for university. I brush my hair, put on a bit makeup, get dressed and in a rush I start packing my books and all the other stuff for college. I quickly make my bed and pull the curtains apart before I run out my apartment quickly grabbing my car keys from my desk and getting into my Mini-Audi. I throw my backpack on the Co-driver seat and start the car. Today is Monday and Monday is usually the kind of day where traffic is extremely full. Unfortunately I also live in town and it takes its time to get to the highway. While driving I start wondering what caused me that kind of dream. I can remember that I drank something at Joys party but that much? I also slept at her that night - that was Saturday I think - but in the early morning we all drove home and then I went to bed. But why did I also sleep that much? Nearly a whole day and I am still tired. Okay, maybe it could be that I drank just a little bit too much. Maybe I was drunken. But is it normal to have strange dreams when you're drunken?