8: Cutie pretty

Two months later...

"Hurry Owen!" I heard mum's voice coming from down the stairs, I only huffed as it was the millionth time she was calling and I had already responded with a "coming" it was frustrating to keep myself on repeat.

I tied my lace and made it for the stairs where everyone was in their jackets waiting for me to descend except dad.

"It took you three million years," Mason said.

"Barbie girl." Adrian mocked, pronouncing the "ir' as a 'u'

I glared at him. "Any more useless comments?" I asked while staring at Elliot who was watching the scene while doing whatever on his phone.

"You look cute with your hair pulled back." He smiled while adjusting his glasses. I looked away while blushing.

"Um, uh. T-thanks." I muttered. He caught me off guard with that comment. Well, I was used to my brothers saying tough words at me but they do say good stuff but I like it when they say the negative stuff knowing well they loved me. But well that was so blunt.

"Awwww!!!" Mason and Adrian both cooed and I blushed even more.

"Stop it, boys." Mum nudged Mason who went silent so did Adrian but that snicker almost made me kill him!

Dad walked to us with Freddy by his side in an oversized green army hoodie and a similar short that fitted him just right. I was a little envious of his mystery he looked too good in that outfit with his height, and he wore just the right army van to fit his white socks.

"Ouuuh! Owen, he slew you!" Adrian said enthusiastically and I rolled my eyes like I was careless.

"Why are we going with Freddy? I thought he had social issues, won't he freak out at the sight of people?" I asked while gazing blankly at Freddy.

"That's very nice of you for caring Owen, but he is okay, he had made little progress during his two months of therapy, he would be fine, this is also a test, a form of therapy to see how he copes with the external world," Mum said.

"Ah I see, that's very good little one." Mason pulled out his fist towards Freddy and he reacted distantly.

He just clung to Dad's pant leg and move his little body backward.

Mason went down to his height. "Sorry I scared you. I was just trying to fist bump with you. I guess you must be wondering what it is. Lemme show you." He reached softly for Freddy's hand where it was clutching the fabric of Dad's cloth.

Freddy was hesitant at first but he finally allowed Mason to hold his tiny hand and fold it softly in a fist while curling his in a fist too. He approached Freddy's fist towards his and bump them making a 'splash' sound with his lips.

Freddy's head went cocking to the side as he became less tensed up.

"Want me to show you more?" Mason asked and slowly came a half nod then he was back to holding Dad's foot when Mason pulled out his arms non verbally asking if he could be carried.

"Come on Freddy, you can trust him, I'm just right here if you want to come back," Dad said to him and he slowly let go allowing Mason to pick him.

What had gotten into Mason all of a sudden? I know he was careless about Freddy. But all of a sudden he was been the best big brother.

Freddy wrapped his legs around Mason's waist while he carried him.

"Aww." Mum cooed when Freddy leaned his head on Mason's neck.

"I think he likes you, so you'll get to be with him all day," Dad said to Mason who just smiled.

I rolled my eyes again. "Great," I mumbled under my breath while crossing my arms over my chest. 

"What Owen? Are you jealous?" Adrian raised a suspicious brow.

I scoffed. "Why would I be? I'm 12, not 2." I said to him and he seemed to buy it.

We all marched out of the door with mum holding Asher. We climbed into the car and set off for the family park. Dad had planned to drive us there ever since the first day it was made known to the public. I didn't find it necessary to bring Freddy along. He looked like he didn't want to be out there.

Dad found a table for us and we sat around it peacefully. Freddy remained slammed to Mason throughout, Elliot took me for a walk around and I was becoming suffocated by his presence.

"Why are you so moody?" Elliot asked.

"I'm not moody," I responded while playing with my fingers as we walked on the paved road.

"It's Freddy right?" Elliot asked while looking down at me. He was much more taller than me, by the way, I wasn't too tall, I was average in height and it hadn't helped me at school at all, rather I get bullied for my height. After all, Elliott was 17 and I was just 12 he was supposed to be taller than me.

"Ah, please. Freddy, Freddy. Don't you feel strange about him? I mean he just barged into our home and we can't do anything about it." I threw my hands in the air letting my frustration have the best of me.

"Freddy is homeless and he has been abused all his life maybe if you were in his place you would understand better. You're just upset you ain't the last boy anymore and I understand. It's totally fine to be jealous but it's wrong when you can't control it." Elliot explained with an arm on my shoulder stopping my movement, I refused to look at him straight in the eyes, I just glared at my feet while blocking off the guilt.

Freddy was the bad guy, not me. And besides, I'd never really said anything to him not until that very day but it's a whole different story.

"Let's get back to them now," Elliot said when he saw I wasn't responding and like that we were heading back to the table.

Freddy was sound asleep on Mason's shoulder with his face still hooded. He looked small and pathetic to me. I did not know why I didn't just like him.

Helloooooooo! Getting close to April just two more days! I hope you guys are good with the chapter. Follow me and keep track of my work. Thanks.

Comment below. 

One last chapter. 😘😘

This book was contracted on Dreame so I stopped updating it here. If you wish to read it to the 100th chapter.

Contact me on IG: oluna_nkem.
Email: Olunalouis15@gmail.com
Or WhatsApp +225 0564220163

You'll obtain the book in full length. 😊😊😊