⚜ Chapter Two ⚜

Image above is what Tanjiro is wearing and looks like. Took me time to draw, so hopefully you like it! Any who, I won't rant in the beginning of the chapter. Enjoy and leave me your thoughts as well as criticisms. I appreciate every little detail and remark! (✿◠‿◠)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The soft glow of the moon pressed to the Uppermoons pale skin, a gentle breeze shifting his his ponytail as he climbed on the edge of the bridge. Resting on the railing to keep others from falling in, the Demon spun himself to face the water below, gaze glued to the sphere above. Akaza had remained silent before joining the other. A calming silence was present for some time, Upper moon 3 understanding the other's desire for the beauty before them. Since the sun was something all Demons would never see, most learned to adore the moon. It was nights only gift, a slight glimmer of hope of what the day might look like.

"So tell me, what has my beloved child been doing recently?"

"Well, Muzan sent most of us off for our own bidding. I was tasked with killing a pillar, which was rather unique. The fighter was tough!" Tanjiro smiled softly as a hand brushed over the Upper moon 3's head.

"You always loved fighting, though I can not ever understand why. I am just glad you're okay. Goodness how I'd have felt waking to find you were gone from this life! It would have broken me!" Akaza flinched before pouting, a sigh rolling from him as he shifted his tone to an almost apologetic one.

"I would never desire to upset you! You're special to us Demons! Our only true connection with feelings that we should have lost..." 

"I know Akaza. Oh, what am I to do with all my children?" Laughter left the Upper moon 3 as he hid his face, the sounds filling the silence. Tanjiro loved the sounds. The laughter and jokes. The joy. How he had missed those things. His slumbers lasted months into years, never failing to strip him of the time he sought to spend with his new beloved family. Every time he opened his eyes, the world changed. His family would lose a few and gain new ones. He'd been lucky to wake to no real change, but he knew well that nothing remains consistent.

"Is something bothering you, Tanjiro-sama?" Peeling from his own mind, Tanjiro shook his head before watching the water ripple as fish swam about.

"It's nothing. I just worry that time will leave me empty in the end. My children are always in such danger and I sleep through it all. I've lost so many beloved children..."

"That is the way the world works, unfortunately. Even so, I won't leave you Tanjiro-sama! Neither will Muzan. He loves you more than anything this world can offer." The words drew a short chuckle as Tanjiro once more messed with the little bit of hair on Akaza's head.

"Such a good kiddo. Now, I want to hear more about this pillar that caught your eye! It's rather rare, so I am intrigued." Akaza hesitated for a moment before seeming to widen his eyes as Tanjiro spoke up once more. "Maybe I can even welcome him into this family! Wouldn't that be great? Someone to joust with, without the drawbacks of being human?"

"You'd do that? I feel that is too gracious a gift! I desire a fight and that man offered one, both left injured... But I would not desire you risking your neck for my own joy!" 

"Nonsense, Akaza. You forget, it is my duty to protect my children and make sure they are happy. As a parent, I hold that one duty close to my heart. Nothing can hinder my determination! Now, tell me their name and what they look like." Tanjiro listened intently as Akaza began, explaining the pillar and the fight. The glow along the Demon's expression brought joy to Tanjiro's features as he made his own mind. Akaza was a violent one, using his fists to do the talking. Even so, if Tanjiro could offer a friend, or maybe something more, he would. The fact the Upper moon 3 was so interested in the pillar in the first place, was rather surprising.