⚜ Chapter Six ⚜

Finished what Karla looks like. She is a ball of sunshine and I love her 🖤 (She is my OC)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tamayo had remained silent, observing Tanjirou from afar. Most Demons knew who Tanjirou was, Tamayo being the first to have met the Demon besides Muzan himself. Yoriichi had been killed by his own brother, but the figure before her was so similar in characteristic, minus the Demon aspects. The two were related and while she looked up and believed fully in Yoriichi when he was alive, she absolutely feared Tanjirou. He was not a Demon most would mess with, especially when he held motive. That being said, she had always feared this encounter befalling her, though she hadn't seen it happening so soon. Not when she was so close to discovery. A way to turn Demon's back to human.

"You have yet to answer me Tamayo, or have manners left your mind in all these boring years?" Tanjirou narrowed his gaze before taking a single step closer. Tamayo swallowed the lump in her throat before motioning for the other room. Giving a short smile, the Uppermoon zero waltzed by, dragging the lady by her arm. Closing the doors to the main room, he blocked the door before letting his expression fall. 

"What are you doing here? I believe you told me that you'd not bother me..."

"Things changed. Times are changing and I have decided to speed the process. I've grown to love dirtying my own hands, so I will make this meeting short. There is no speaking unless I allow it, that goes for the Demon hiding behind you with that talisman." Tamayo sighed as the Demon beside her came into view, his anger and malice quite potent. 

"Yushiro, take a seat and do as he says." The Demon hesitated before nodding. Upon taking a seat, Tanjirou couldn't help but smirk at the obedience. If only Tamayo had obeyed Muzan, this encounter would not have needed to unfold. "What have you come to say, cause I assure it is not going to be pleasant to hear."

"Very wise deduction. I've come to offer a single time deal, so do choose wisely. I would like you to come back with me to the base and thus form a new kind of toxin. Not one to bring Demons to Human, but something else. As you have become aware of, I can walk in broad daylight. I wish you to work for me and create a serum to negate sunlight being a Demon's enemy." She laughed slightly, looking away before speaking.

"That's impossible. You know better then anyone, Demons need some sort of weakness... Plus, why would I aid you when you follow that bastard like a measly puppet. You're a tool to him, nothing more. He does not know love, but you try to act like he does. I can't decide who out of the two of you is more twisted and pathetic." Those words hit like a dagger into Tanjirou, his face shifting into something of horror. His once nice look was indeed laced with anger, but blood lust coated the air as well.

"If you were not valuable, I'd have killed you the moment your rotten voice was heard. How about I change you mind, with a little push you'll agree, no?" She raised a brow before finally letting it all sink in. She had no time to warn, Tanjirou emitting his Demon art onto Yushiro. The other Demon swayed slightly, his gaze widening as he viewed himself in a field, the sunlight washing over him as 'Tamayo' stood before him. By instinct he rose, reaching out. Tanjirou chuckled, letting his hand slip into the Demons as he pulled him close, Tamayo scowling as she attempted to try to dilute the illusion. Of course, nothing could wash away Tanjirou's Demon art. "How about I make a trade. Come with me, I let him live here and continue on. You refuse, I take him and make his years hell. I may be nice Tamayo, but I get what I want no matter the cost or what I must do. Which is more important to you. Him, or this cure to Demons?"

"I hate you. You and him both! Let him go and I shall follow you..." Tanjirou hummed with glee, releasing Yushiro, who fell over from the imagery before passing out with content. She sighed as Tanjirou reached out, her hand sliding into his. "Let's go... Before he wakes..."

"About that... Little change of plans." She froze up before the floor below her broke free, casting her into darkness. Her fingers caught the edge as she gazed toward one of the Demon's she despised most, besides Muzan.

"DO NOT TOUCH HIM!" Tanjirou gave a rough 'tsk' before picking up Yushiro, his feet carrying him closer to her. 

"You cling on so desperately. I will take him to assure you do as told." She wanted to speak up, to make a remark, but nothing came. Instead, she bit back pain as Tanjirou stepped on her fingers, watching as she fell through the black space. He held Yushiro slightly tighter before jumping into the same space, hearing as the door closed behind them. He felt oddly giddy knowing things were indeed changing. There was nothing that could stop him from getting his end goal. To finally breaking this war that seemed to remain constant. It was time there was a change, one that would bring about a new era and they now had the means. No Demon Slayers could get in his way, not when they would dwindle in numbers.

Power has always held a price to it. 

Those who take upon greed shall fall on their own swords from the power they possess. 

For Tanjirou, no sword could stop his rampage. 

He was indeed growing in greed, but that greed would bring about something else.

Something far worse than a Demon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you've enjoyed this chapter. It was a bit shorter, but you got to see Karla, the cutie. She will be appearing a bit more in this story, along with countless other ships. Either way, leave me feedback, for it's always appreciated! (✿◠‿◠)