The Book of Enrada Chapter 18

“My lady.” Halvard says cutting my thought path, it was the day after my argument with Cameron and I was wandering around the garden trying to locate him. It wasn’t going well. “I need to speak with you and your sister.” his tone is urgent.

“Of course Halvard. I will summon my sister immediately.” I send a bolt of lightning in to the sky. We power walk to the throne room, it reminds me of the school back at home, high ceiling, and skinny v-shaped wood flooring. Six round pillars grew from the ground on either side. Two thrones at the end. The lady and her King. Our crest hangs above them, a hand upon a book. The book of Enrada. The hand is the creator of the book. She is said to be the most powerful of witches. The first witch, there were many men who wished to ill use her power and so before she died she created the book, designed to only be seen by the Keeper and the council. She killed herself, to protect our world from evil. In the middle of the room a table filled with scrolls of the land and figures of Enrada creatures. I seat myself on a chair and Halvard follows suit. “How is the training going?”

“Good, our men are ready, but the men you brought with you do not know how to wield a sword, it worries me.”

“They will fight as wolves, Halvard, if I know them they will fight as wolves.”

“Then why train as men?”

“It’s not every day you get to play with a sword.” I smile. He returns it but it is strained. I’m worried about what he has to say.

Megan and Diana burst through the door. Halvard looks at me fearfully. I have a feeling he only want to see my sister and me.

“What is the issue?” Diana exclaims confidently. She looks rapidly between us.

“This matter does not concern you Diana. Please leave.” Halvard says.

“It has every matter to concern me! I ruled over these lands while you were of enjoying you were in hiding. I am the one who raised this kingdom from the shrubs it was, so I have every right as you to do.” She says bitterly.

“Diana, we left our world because we had to. We had no chioce, if we had of stayed no one would be alive. You may have raised this kingdom from the ashes, but we are the heirs to the throne and it is we who will lead this battle and it is we who are destined to rule over this land. You may have had your fun playing Queen but it is over, so I suggest you remind yourselves of your place before I do it myself, Diana. Halvard wished to speak to my sister and me and so he shall.” I’m standing in front of her, looking her dead in the eyes. She growls and storms out of the room. The door slams behind her.

“I worry about her.” Megan comments as she settles into the chair next to me.

“It is Diana I would like to discuss, my ladies. I fear the power has gone to her head. She is not the quiet, caring Diana I once knew; she has become possessive, greedy and merciless. I fear she has become overpowered with darkness.” his dark brown mane fell across his brow and he sweeps it back over his pointed ear. The uneasiness in his moss eyes panics me.