Chapter 17- Council

Sophie started to get up, but Ruy pushed her back down. "You're staying here." He said firmly. "I'm going to see my parents." Sophie replied. "Which ones?" Sophie glared at him then jumped up and, you guessed it, tripped out the window. Havenfield. Havenfield. Havenfield. She thought. A void opened up and when it closed, she was at Havenfield. "Sophie?" "Hi...mom." Sophie whispered back. Edaline engulfed her into a hug. "I've missed you." She whispered. "Same. Same here." "Foster?" Sophie looked up. "KEEFE!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" "I came to see if you were ok." "Oh." "So are you?" "What?" "Are you ok?" "YES!" Sophie rolled her eyes. "This little one has been quite a challenge though." Edaline said, motioning to the baby bump, causing Sophie to let out a snort. Just then Grady walked out. He was talking with the council. The council! Screamed Sophie internally. She looked for a place to run too, or a cliff to jump off of, but the council saw her. "S...Sophie?" Oralie asked, stepping back in fear. Emery took a step forward. "Sophie. Can you.... come with us?" He asked. Sophie hesitated. "No. I'm not letting you take my baby away." Emery looked to Grady. Probably communicating telepathically. Grady bit his lip, then nodded. "Grady. You... you can't. You wouldn't." Edaline said hushed, taking a step back in fear. "I have too." He whispered. "Or well all go to exile." Councilor Alina nodded, smirking. "I don't want to hurt you dad. But if it comes to it, I won't hesitate." Grady took a step forward, he didn't show his fear, but Sophie could tell he was hesitant. "Do it." One of the councilors growled. Grady closed his eyes. Sophie took in a deep breath and closed hers. Then Grady started to do a dance. He put his arms in the air and started to wave them around. His legs went everywhere. "You can thank the Pheonix for that." Sophie muttered. All of the council hurriedly stepped back in fear. "It's a.... Mesmer." Bronte gasped. "And an Empath." Sophie added. She took Edalines hand and ran to the cliff. Edaline looked back before jumping off of the cliff with Sophie. "Don't do this." A voice filled her head. Sophie lost concentration. "We're getting pretty close to the ground Sophie!" Edaline shrieked. Edaline used her telekinesis to lift them slowly to the ground, where Sophie fell into the sand, unconscious.