Chapter 36- Alden

Sophie snapped back to reality. Oralie's eyes were watery, so were Bronte's and Emery's. "Alright. I've think I've figured it out!" An all too familiar voice cried out. Alden. Sophie's eyes snapped to him. He had just walked in and was busy sorting through some scrolls. He went up to the council and started talking with Emery. Grady coughed. Alden spun around. His eyes went wide. "Sophie. They said you were dead!" He gasped. "Ok. Will someone please tell me why I am supposedly dead!?" Sophie asked. Emery spoke. "The police department alerted your area in the forbidden cities that you committed suicide by jumping out of a building." "Well, obviously that's not true." Sophie snorted. "Alden, umm...council? I really don't want you to tell anyone, including the Blackswan that I am here, alive, and... breathing." "Well, a handful of people will know, Sophie." Bronte told her. "Teirgan, Elwin probably knows, and the Blackswan will know as well." "No." "Yes." "No." Yes." "No!" Sophie shouted! "The Pheonix falls only to rise again and fight what used to belong to it!" She shouted. That shut Bronte up. "Addi is a minute of Me and Ruy! Timber is a mixture of me and Keefe! They both belong to me! But they also belong to opposing sides!" Sophie took a shaky breath. "Someday they will fight each other, and I won't be able to help it." Alden stood there, stunned. "Wait wait wait." He said. "So, Sophie. You were pregnant!?" He asked. "Were you not at the Fesitval of Lights when the council practically announced it?" "No." "Yes, Alden, I was pregnant. Meet September." Sophie said pointing to her youngest. "And Addison." She added, pitting her had  on her oldest's shoulder. "Bronte. I want to get stronger. "Why?" Was all Bronte asked. Sophie hesitated." I want too get stronger, so that I can say I tried." Sophie sighed. "Make me stronger." She whispered. "Make me stronger." She said to anyone who would listen. The only way she knew she could and become stronger is if she fought fire with Fire.