Volume 1: PRINCESS NO MORE Chapter 12 - DON'T CALL ME 'PRINCE'

"YOUR ROYAL Highness, please wear this choker."

Neoma looked at the piece of jewelry inside the box that Alphen was holding in front of her. She couldn't really move because she had her arms open while Stephanie was busy buttoning her jacket. Gosh, wearing a suit every day sucked. "What's the choker for?"

It was a black band with an embedded diamond in the center. The choker looked bland but obviously expensive. Plus, she could feel a strange energy from it.

"The choker is embedded with magic for voice modulation, Your Royal Highness," Alphen explained politely. "Once you wear this, your voice will change into the real Prince Nero's voice. Before the royal prince left the palace, the Supreme Royal Mage– the only one among the royal mages who knows your secret– copied His Royal Highness's voice to make this choker. It was made under His Majesty's order."

[That sc*mbag is so meticulous.]

But he did the right thing. Although she was still a child, her voice was already too pitchy for a "prince." Changing her voice was only a logical thing to do.

[But it still pisses me off.]

Not that she could do anything about it.

"Alright. I will wear it," Neoma said with a bright smile. Then, she turned to Stephanie who was now putting a brooch on the lapel of her jacket. "Stephanie, help me wear the choker."

Stephanie bowed to her. "Of course, Your Royal Highness."

To be honest, talking to older people casually was making her uncomfortable. But as the empire's "crown prince," she was "above" them. Having lived in a modern world, she had learned to hate the injustice of social hierarchy. She still hated it.

But she couldn't change the system of Moonasterion Empire just because she wanted to. Even though she was an a.d.u.l.t mentally, right now, she was just a little "prince" that could still be taken out anytime. Before worrying about the people below her, she had to worry about herself first. She wouldn't be able to save anyone if she died early, right?

[Gosh, I deserve a medal.]

"It's done now, Your Royal Highness," Stephanie informed her, then she stood up and bowed to her. "May we hear you speak to see if the choker works?"

Neoma smiled before she spoke. "Is it time for my classes already?"

Alphen and Stephanie smiled as if they were satisfied that the choker worked. Then, they bowed and answered to her at the same time. "Yes, Your Royal Highness."

[Oh, they have good rapport.]

***

"OH MY god," Lady Belmont, the countess in-charge of Neoma's basic education, gasped in surprise while looking at the result of her "first test." "His Royal Highness must be a genius!"

Neoma stopped herself from smiling haughtily. Instead, she remained properly seated behind the mahogany table while her teacher was standing in front of her.

It wasn't easy since she was a naturally arrogant person. Since she lived as a famous online celebrity in her second life, she had developed a big ego. But she knew how to play her cards well. Being too arrogant was a no-no. Having confidence was a big yes though, especially if it was backed up by her beauty, talent, and wits.

That was why 9, 999, 999 followers loved her.

[The only thing I regret in my second life is dying before I reach 10 million followers. Gosh, if I return to my second life after this, I'd strangle whoever it was that made the coconut wine that killed me!]